Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Around The League: Minicamp News From Other Teams

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Johnson was a no-show for mando camp yesterday.
    I think he has a right to.

Blog Entries

Johnson seems pretty done with Houston.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Johnson seems pretty done with Houston.
    They've done little to give him reason to keep believing in them. He's seen them go through multiple coaches and QBs. He's been their Steve Smith until last year, except without a Muhsin Muhammad to help out (and at least Steve Smith made it to the Super Bowl), he has two playoff appearances and has never been to a conference championship, this is the 2nd time he's been on the NFL's worst team. If Johnson goes full-out Barry Sanders I would not blame him at all.

Blog Entries

Justin Smith sitting out of minicamp thus far with injuries (Niners).

Falcons won't be signing Jon Vilma after he works out for them. They also worked out Tim Dobbins.

Geno Smith getting most of the 1st string reps in New York. They also waived troubled RB, Mike Goodson.

EJ Manuel looking pretty good in Bills camp.

Brandon Flowers meeting with San Diego.

It is an open competition for LT in Carolina. Byron Bell seems to be the favorite (yikes!).

Titans scoping out LB's Quinton Groves and Marvin Mitchell (Titans are moving to a 3-4 and both have experience in a 3-4).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

From Rotoworld via Miami Herald

The Dolphins are using Dannell Ellerbe at outside linebacker during OTAs.
    Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler are on the outside, with Koa Misi at Mike. In nickel packages, Wheeler and Misi stay on the field while Ellerbe departs. The Fins are essentially admitting ex-GM Jeff Ireland's $34.75 million mistake on Ellerbe, changing his position and demoting him out of sub-packages. Unfortunately, they can't save salary cap room by cutting Ellerbe until next offseason. May 28 - 8:58 PM
    *smdh* Watch the tape, you stupid muthaf---s! Geeze...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I think he has a right to.
    Yup. I can't argue.
    NE, SD or MIA could pull him in.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

From Rotoworld via Miami Herald

*smdh* Watch the tape, you stupid muthaf---s! Geeze...
    Tsk, Tsk Is Ellerbe going to go the way of AD? Some impact in his first year then a steady decline leading to being released? I liked Ell and really wanted him to succeed in MIA.

Yup. I can't argue.
    NE, SD or MIA could pull him in.
    No to SD or MIA. If I'm Johnson I want to play for a team that I know is contending for the Super Bowl. SD and MIA don't fit that profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Tsk, Tsk Is Ellerbe going to go the way of AD? Some impact in his first year then a steady decline leading to being released? I liked Ell and really wanted him to succeed in MIA.

Add Ellerbe to the list of post-Ravens busts. But Flacco's contract is killing the Ravens right?

Blog Entries

Add Ellerbe to the list of post-Ravens busts...
    Perhaps the Browns can trade for him, and have Ellerbe and Kruger as bookends... Bc

Blog Entries

Add Ellerbe to the list of post-Ravens busts. But Flacco's contract is killing the Ravens right?
    I said Flacco's contract is going to look like a bargin in a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I don't think he's a good fit in that scheme at all. Ellerbe lacks the instincts and sideline to sideline speed to be a good 4-3 MIKE. He was much better as a 3-4 WILL who could focus on playing north south and covering his gap assignment, basically the old Bart Scott role.

I actually have no idea why the Dolphins are running a 4-3 instead of a 3-4. Most of their personnel would be a better fit in the 3-4. Dion Jordan and Cameron Wake would be great OLBs, Misi and Ellerbe could play ILB with Wheeler as the super-sub. Jared Odrick and Randy Starks are the 5-tech DEs, but I guess they don't really have a good NT option anymore with Soliai gone. Anthony Johnson had some experience playing the nose in 3-man looks at LSU and could possibly be kind of a Jay Ratliff type of player there.