Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens Sign New QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I can't understand how anyone is putting all these words in his mouth with no direct quotes. How do you know he turned down any deals? For all we know GB and Pittsburgh just used him to get a better deal on the player they did want.

How do you know what he is willing to play for? Wat if he were to sign a no bonus vet minimum contract that only escalated with playing time and wins? How could any Raven fan be against that? All reward, no risk.

I doubt he will be anywhere close to what he was in 2004, but how can he be worse than he was in Oak or Miami? His Qb rating was in the 70s not the 40s and he was on terrible teams and coming off a major knee injury. If he would be willing to take little money and even allow us to pick up another waiver wire Qb in the proccess, how can any fan be against that regardless of how you see the Ravens, rebuiding or reloading, condending or pretending?
    "When I visited the Packers, I felt real good about the opportunity to back up Aaron [Rodgers] on a good team," Culpepper said. "I just sensed that when it was time to negotiate that there were some unresolved issues that kept them from giving me a market-value offer. I think that the Brett Favre situation was in the background while they were dealing with me."

Then why not take the Steelers' offer last Sunday?

"I just was not willing to take the vet minimum and no guaranteed roster spot," said Culpepper, referring to the $730,000 salary.

You were saying?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    What is the deal with the PUP list? I read a bunch of Steeler fans talking about putting Batch on the PUP list so they did not risk loosing him for the year or Dixon to the practice squad snatchers.
    A rule in the National Football League which allows teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform" or "PUP". Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.

So guys like Batch and Boller, who started on the active roster, are not eligible for the PUP list.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    "When I visited the Packers, I felt real good about the opportunity to back up Aaron [Rodgers] on a good team," Culpepper said. "I just sensed that when it was time to negotiate that there were some unresolved issues that kept them from giving me a market-value offer. I think that the Brett Favre situation was in the background while they were dealing with me."

Then why not take the Steelers' offer last Sunday?

"I just was not willing to take the vet minimum and no guaranteed roster spot," said Culpepper, referring to the $730,000 salary.

You were saying?

PP
    OK. Thanks for looking it up, I had not seen any direct quotes.
    But that does not make him sound like an idiot or anything, and if those two respectable franchises were willing to offer him a job, how washed up could he be?

There is just a gap between his price and his value. Sooner or later one side will give and he will be back. Hopefully with us for the @ Steerler's offer.

Would love to see Chris Simms in here as our #3 QB once he gets released...

- C -

Blog Entries

How about Dennis Dixon? You think the Steelers are dumb enough to release him/practice squad?

Um, no.

- C -