Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Merril Hoge: "Flacco best QB in the NFL"

First - screw Merril "I heart everything Steelers" Hodge.

Second - If Flacco continues to play like he did during the playoffs and Super Bowl, he is easily a top 3 QB in the league. I mean that.

The only QB I can legitimately say that I would probably take over Flacco, is Aaron Rodgers. No one else.

I think that Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Roethlisberger are all damn good, but they are A) on the downside of their careers or B) dealing with nagging injuries that impact their game.

IMO, if Roethlisberger is healthy, I think he is better than Brady and Peyton.

IMO, and I think it can be rather interchangeable...
    1. Rodgers
    2. Flacco
    3. Roethlisberger
    4. Brees
    5. Brady
    6. Peyton
    7. Eli
    8. Luck
    9. RGIII
    10. Wilson
    11. Kaepernick
    12. Ryan
    13. Stafford
    14. Dalton
    15. Rivers
    16. Newton

And so on and so forth...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I'm not going to name the 5 most successful QBs because we all know who they are. Instead, here are the guys I would want if I was building an expansion team and could pick anyone in the league to build a team around.

(In other words, here are my 5 guys who have the right combination of talent, youth, upside, and character to be cornerstones of a team for a decade. No Bradys or Peytons in this group.)

In no particular order:

Rodgers
    Flacco
    Kaepernick
    Luck
    Russell Wilson

Those five guys are, in my opinion, the most talented, likely to succeed QBs of the next decade.

They're all in their 20's. 3 have been to the SuperBowl with two of them winning it, and frankly all three of them having MVP type performances there.

One nice thing to consider for Ravens fans... Other than our boy, only one of them plays in the AFC. Joe has a very real chance of being considered the best QB in the AFC this time next season.
    I agree, and there is no way to rank the 3 new guys yet... just not enough on them, but from what we've seen they all have potential to great. RG3 too....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    First - screw Merril "I heart everything Steelers" Hodge.

Second - If Flacco continues to play like he did during the playoffs and Super Bowl, he is easily a top 3 QB in the league. I mean that.

The only QB I can legitimately say that I would probably take over Flacco, is Aaron Rodgers. No one else.

I think that Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Roethlisberger are all damn good, but they are A) on the downside of their careers or B) dealing with nagging injuries that impact their game.

IMO, if Roethlisberger is healthy, I think he is better than Brady and Peyton.

IMO, and I think it can be rather interchangeable...
    1. Rodgers
    2. Flacco
    3. Roethlisberger
    4. Brees
    5. Brady
    6. Peyton
    7. Eli
    8. Luck
    9. RGIII
    10. Wilson
    11. Kaepernick
    12. Ryan
    13. Stafford
    14. Dalton
    15. Rivers
    16. Newton

And so on and so forth...
    100% in agreement with 100% of this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    100% in agreement with 100% of this.
    Haha... I don't agree with Stafford. I don't buy into him at all. I think without CJ, he doesn't put up anywhere close to the numbers he puts up. Definitely a case of the WR making the QB look better, rather than the QB making the WR look great.

1) Rodgers
    2) Brady
    3) Peyton
    4) Brees
    5) Eli
    6) Flacco
    7) Matt Ryan
    8) Big Ben

My current top 7 for next year. If Flacco carries this into next season though, all bets are off.

Also, never forget Hodge is an idiot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Haha... I don't agree with Stafford. I don't buy into him at all. I think without CJ, he doesn't put up anywhere close to the numbers he puts up. Definitely a case of the WR making the QB look better, rather than the QB making the WR look great.
    Well, one thing, the list is interchangeable, you could move him up or down a little and I'd be fine. Second, I'm not sold on him either but he is still very young has a really strong arm and throws the ball really well from a ton of different angles, almost Favre-ish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Matt Ryan has three megatons and nobody holds it against him.

He just said Flacco is the best QB and people complain about no respect. People just want to complain.

Blog Entries

I dont think Roethlisberger is a bad QB (2nd tier) but i dont see how you can rank him above Brady. Toughness clearly, but as a QB hes not on that level, imo. Hes also on the downside of his career and seeing as his ability to scramble and make plays being his best attribute hes only going to have his ability go down quicker as his body gives out.

I like the tiers approach. I dont think there can be more than a few QBs considered Elite. Flacco has the ability to be 1 of those but as of right now Ill still call him outside of that. Brees, Rodgers, Brady are my current "elites", not in any order. Manning because he cant make every thrown anymore is no longer "elite" but his brain still is. Roethlisbergers scrambling makes him, but he doesnt always make great decisions of throw the best ball. Eli is similar with less scrambling but more ability to audible and read defenses. Matt Ryan is probably also in this tier as he has the tools but simply chokes.

I think what Flacco did was move himself from near the bottom of the 2nd tier ahead of the likes of Jay cutler and Tony Romo, to the top of the tier ahead of Roethlisberger, Manning and Manning. Hes out played Brady twice now, so there is a case hes better than him, but im not sure im ready to say that without some regular season progression to match this playoff run.

in all honesty without a great O-line Brees and Rodgers have looked less than Elite as well which makes it hard to rank these guys.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RD52 View Post
    He just said Flacco is the best QB and people complain about no respect. People just want to complain.
    He spent the past 10 years bashing the Ravens every chance he gets and now he changes his mind. That's the issue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think Roethlisberger is a bad QB (2nd tier) but i dont see how you can rank him above Brady. Toughness clearly, but as a QB hes not on that level, imo. Hes also on the downside of his career and seeing as his ability to scramble and make plays being his best attribute hes only going to have his ability go down quicker as his body gives out.

I like the tiers approach. I dont think there can be more than a few QBs considered Elite. Flacco has the ability to be 1 of those but as of right now Ill still call him outside of that. Brees, Rodgers, Brady are my current "elites", not in any order. Manning because he cant make every thrown anymore is no longer "elite" but his brain still is. Roethlisbergers scrambling makes him, but he doesnt always make great decisions of throw the best ball. Eli is similar with less scrambling but more ability to audible and read defenses. Matt Ryan is probably also in this tier as he has the tools but simply chokes.

I think what Flacco did was move himself from near the bottom of the 2nd tier ahead of the likes of Jay cutler and Tony Romo, to the top of the tier ahead of Roethlisberger, Manning and Manning. Hes out played Brady twice now, so there is a case hes better than him, but im not sure im ready to say that without some regular season progression to match this playoff run.
    RE Brady vs Big Jen. Put Brady behind that atrocious Pittsburgh Offensive line and see what you get.

Ben's ability to extend plays, avoid sacks, breaks tackles/sacks is huge. Brady would likely be out of the league if he had to play behind that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

in all honesty without a great O-line Brees and Rodgers have looked less than Elite as well which makes it hard to rank these guys.
    He has outplayed Brady much more than two times.