Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens potentially in London next year

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Whoops. Ravens75, you're correct. How could I have forgotten the Hauschka miss in Minnesota? Doh!
    No worries. With Baltimore finally getting some recognition as an incredible home field advantage, environment and experience the league would have to guarantee Biscuit that he'll win the SB in order for him to agree to move a home game to London.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Minnesota comes to Baltimore next year so if it were to be a AFC North team it would be the Steelers or Browns going over to London as the visitor as they would've gone to Minny anyway.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcn.htm

LOL. There goes the end of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I say either send the Steelers over there or any team from the NFC south because they are on the vikings schedule next year. Most obvious choice is probably Bucs given the owner familarity and attachment with the area.
    Can we leave the Steelers there?

Blog Entries

Minnesota comes to Baltimore next year so if it were to be a AFC North team it would be the Steelers or Browns going over to London as the visitor as they would've gone to Minny anyway.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcn.htm
    How do they know that? I always thought division seeding played a role in deciding home and away games?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    How do they know that? I always thought division seeding played a role in deciding home and away games?
    Seeding outside of the division matters only. For example we are scheduled to play one afc west team next year on the road. Assuming we finish first in our division then we simply play the first place finisher in the AFC west. FWIW most opponents are already figured out. Its opponents outside of our division but within the conference that have yet to be determined hence the seeding formula

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Can we leave the Steelers there?
    I wish:)

As long as it isn't a home game I could care less where they play.

Ravens would raise holy hell if it was a home date, so that would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    As long as it isn't a home game I could care less where they play.

Ravens would raise holy hell if it was a home date, so that would never happen.
    I do not want the Ravens in London for any reason. It's far worse than a West Coast trip and can have lingering affects which could have ramifications on the game after the London trip.

Let teams like the Jags, TB and Buffalo go over their.

Blog Entries

I do not want the Ravens in London for any reason. It's far worse than a West Coast trip and can have lingering affects which could have ramifications on the game after the London trip.

Let teams like the Jags, TB and Buffalo go over their.
    I could be wrong, but I think the teams that play usually have a bye the following week.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Bisciotti is very keen to do it

And Ravens wouldn't be well known this side on the pond.
    Not even close to the same level as the niners, Bears, Dolphins, Patriots and yes of course the Cowboys.

Baltimore would most well known for The Wire!

It'll happen at some stage, Bisciotti wants to grow the brand

But not a home game and realy there are plenty of teams struggling to sell tickets, they will be the home team.
    Dolphins will be over for sure at some stage again

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iters_rapsheet

Per the NFL, the Vikings will host a 2nd London game in 2013. Next year is the AFC North's turn to play the NFC North. Now this is speculation on my part but I would assume the Vikings would prefer to play a non-divisional game and more then likely a non-conference game. If my assumptions are correct then it would be one of the four AFC North games they have, meaning a 25% chance of playing there next year. Bad news for us in the states but potentially great news for our fellow Brit Raven fans there.
    Born in England here and have most of my family over there. Moved to the states when I was 1 y.o so as American as they come but if the Ravens play in England you can bet your ass I will be there :) .... Have a relative that manage a rather large hotel in London (Hilton Brand) and will be happy to hook people up with dynamite rates if this comes to pass....
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Damn, the wife and I are planning a trip to Rome. I was hoping the Ravens might play in the Coliseum vs. their home team...the Gladiators. Oh well... Bc
    Be careful what you wish for--those guys give an entirely different meaning to unnecessary roughness...