Most complete effort this year. Total domiination.

The Ravens dominated the Giants in a must win game for NY. They clearly had a much better gameplan and you could see the effect of the use of the filmroom. They targeted the Giants weaknesses thoughout the game and didnt stop to try make game balanced. You just need to be effective not balanced and do what works until it is stopped. Ravens offense created mismatches all over the feild, basically negated any Giant pass rush. On defense, they pressure Manning moreso than any game he has seen this year, got pressure with regular rush and blitz schemes. Kruger is really turning into a pocket crusher, maybe best Raven defender right now. Complete domination. Even with the officials lopsided officiating. That's what gameplanning and filmroom studying looks like. Also, they had no problems getting plays in on time with clock winding down, also nice to see for once. The tempo was good throughout the game. Only negative was Oher's mental mistakes...he will have a few everygame. The Giants where a desperate team needing a win don't overlook that, they needed more than the Ravens did. Very impressive. First time I've seen Joe "really'
    look comfortable in a game not against teams like Oakland or Cleveland at home. Kudos to the coaching staff for this win.

Re: Most complete effort this year. Total domiination.

+1

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

3. Re: Most complete effort this year. Total domiination.

I thought the Cincinnati game was more of a "Total Domination"...However, you maybe right and I'd have a hard time arguing with you. Great win!!

I think a second week of practice with Caldwell as the OC was explicitly on display in yesterday's game. Joe looked as comfortable as I have ever seen him look, and even the much-maligned offensive line stepped up. We did things I rarely saw with Cam. Torrey in the slot??? An option to Rice??? Working the middle of the field??? See what happens when we have a COMPLETE game plan? Everything comes together. I am VERY interested to see our first road game with this "tweaked" offense. I have a feeling we show up in a big way.

I was at the opening day win against Cinci, and I thought our defense wasn't nearly as dominant in that game as it was today. I remember being uncomfortable with our big lead because Cinci could seemingly move the ball at will.

The Raiders game was another dominant performance... but it was against the Raiders. This week's win was our best all around, IMO.

I think phacts nailed it. Recall that in the 3rd quarter of the Bengals game it was 17-13 and it wasn't until afterwards that we began to separate. The Bengals offense put up 322 yards while the Giants offense had 186 (!). We also had 100 yards more on offense (533 to 430). Special teams was also solid yesterday, keeping them locked down on coverage as Tucker hit 4 FGs. We also had those issues with the refs.

A really good time to have your best overall game.

7. Re: Most complete effort this year. Total domiination.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    They targeted the Giants weaknesses thoughout the game and didnt stop to try make game balanced. You just need to be effective not balanced and do what works until it is stopped.
    309 yards passing + 224 yards rushing = game balanced.

With the personnel we have on offense, with nobody who can dominate on their own like an Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson, relying on a balanced approach will almost always be effective. Even when exploiting the other teams weaknesses, you want to still constantly mix up your play to keep the other team off balance.
    It was a combination of exploiting weaknesses while maintaining a balanced approach by mixing up our play enough that led to our most dominating (and much needed) victory this year.
    (so far? )

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    309 yards passing + 224 yards rushing = game balanced.

With the personnel we have on offense, with nobody who can dominate on their own like an Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson, relying on a balanced approach will almost always be effective. Even when exploiting the other teams weaknesses, you want to still constantly mix up your play to keep the other team off balance.
    It was a combination of exploiting weaknesses while maintaining a balanced approach by mixing up our play enough that led to our most dominating (and much needed) victory this year.
    (so far? )
    Cincy game we didn't dominate until midway through the 3rd quarter.

Oakland doesn't count as one could argue that team barely qualifies as an NFL team these days.

This was really the best overall performance we've seen since opening day 2011. By a long shot.