Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 48th Overall Pick: Tim Jernigan

Biggest head scratcher of a draft from Oz in recent memory. And I think his Alabama bias is compromising his objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by SimiValleyFan View Post
    Biggest head scratcher of a draft from Oz in recent memory. And I think his Alabama bias is compromising his objectivity.
    Um... How is an FSU tackle evidence of an Alabama bias? (A bias that has net us 6 players since 1996 and only 1 in round 1 ever.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Thrilled with this pick. Great value and he does fill a need, with Ngata likely done after next season, Canty too. Being able to line up Williams at the nose with Jernigan and Lewis-Moore on the ends will give us a young, hungry defensive front for the next few years.

I was thinking it would be Louis Nix or Allen Robinson, but this is just fine by me. I do want to see us start investing again on offense... but taking the value choice is better than reaching for a need, always.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I don't why you're considering us homers because we have all been praising Ozzie since almost everyone was skeptical about the Mosley pick. The only better value than Jernigan at that spot was Allen Robinson, but Jernigan is still good pick.
    From what I seen Ozzie could have picked Cinderella as a first pick , and people would have scratched their heads the said " well Ozzie must know what he's doing" I hope he proves me wrong with these picks but our offense was pathetic last year;he's doing the exact opposite of what he should be trying to accomplish.

5. Re: 48th Overall Pick: Tim Jernigan

For those who are curious about Jernigan's gametape:
    http://draftbreakdown.com/players/timmy-jernigan

There's plenty of videos too, twice as many for him as there are for Mosely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Jernigan was BPA and fits a glaring need on our D line. Not sure why people are having problems with this one.
    WHAT GLARING NEED?!?!? We've got Brandon Williams, Kapron Lewis-Moore, DeAngelo Tyson, Chris Canty, oh yeah Haloti Ngata, Mount Cody is even still on the team.

Wasn't "offensive playmaker" a glaring need?!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    WHAT GLARING NEED?!?!? We've got Brandon Williams, Kapron Lewis-Moore, DeAngelo Tyson, Chris Canty, oh yeah Haloti Ngata, Mount Cody is even still on the team.

You would think so ... don't understand what they are doing! I would say possibly FUCKING UP!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

I'm sorry, what's so horrible about a Torrey Smith-Steve Smith-Jacoby Jones-Marlon Brown-Dennis Pitta-Owen Daniels grouping? Doesn't seem that glaring to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
    Like I been saying about Ozzie, what the fuck is he doing????? The players are good players he picked, but we need safety, offensive linemen, speedster receiver, and a big running back, so far i see SHIT! I hope we address these needs.
    You're right about the Ravens needs, but in a year or two when you see Mosley, A. Brown, Elam, B. Wms, Jernigan, K. Lewis-Moore kicking butt, then Ozzie's plan to get the Ravens defense back on top will become apparent to you... Bc

Stick to the board. This was a total value pick, that fills a need. Mosley and Jernigan will contribute early and often this year. What more could you want?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Um... How is an FSU tackle evidence of an Alabama bias? (A bias that has net us 6 players since 1996 and only 1 in round 1 ever.)
    I think that's a high (Alabama picks) amongst all other NFL teams during the same period. How many of those have panned out? That doesn't include the Rolando McClain debacle. Oz has a bit of egg on his face from that...even though Rolando was a flyer.

Just saying...Oz is one of the greats...but I think he's on a bit of a cold streak.

No Pro Bowlers drafted since Rice in, 2008 was it?

I'm just not impressed with this draft or drafts from the past few years. Time will tell...but that's just my overall opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SimiValleyFan View Post
    You got that right! Old age might be taking a toll in this draft.