Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whitlock: ESPN is Lurching Far Left

I have had a love / hate relationship with Whitlock over the years but he makes some very sound points here. I agree with him 100% that ESPN is purposefully trying to move the political needle in the country and crafting their sports stories to fit a far left agenda ....

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...s1x1x7xffmo6wb

Re: Whitlock: ESPN is Lurching Far Left

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have had a love / hate relationship with Whitlock over the years but he makes some very sound points here. I agree with him 100% that ESPN is purposefully trying to move the political needle in the country and crafting their sports stories to fit a far left agenda ....

The Sports media is just as liberal as the regular media.

Blog Entries

Caitlyn Jenner receiving the Arthur Ashe "Courage" Award a couple years ago was icing on the cake for me.

Yep. That's why I stopped watching ESPN shows years ago.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Cool. I'm gonna start watching more ESPN. Maybe Whitlock can get Brietbart to invest in an alternative sports news network.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Cool. I'm gonna start watching more ESPN. Maybe Whitlock can get Brietbart to invest in an alternative sports news network.

I guess you didn't read it.

Why should sports coverage be political at all? The overwhelming majority of sports consumers watch sports and ESPN as an escape, not to be reminded of politics. ESPN is now paying the price with down revenue and bloated contracts, hence the firing.

I'd no sooner want a liberal ESPN as I'd want a Libertarian Fox Sports or a Brietbart owned sports network.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner receiving the Arthur Ashe "Courage" Award a couple years ago was icing on the cake for me.
    :word
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

That's up there for me. Another more recent one, was since the 538 blog was doing statics for ESPN, espn.com also put up their political blogs. What the hell does that have to do with sports?

I guess you didn't read it.

Why should sports coverage be political at all? The overwhelming majority of sports consumers watch sports and ESPN as an escape, not to be reminded of politics. ESPN is now paying the price with down revenue and bloated contracts, hence the firing.

I'd no sooner want a liberal ESPN as I'd want a Libertarian Fox Sports or a Brietbart owned sports network.
    I think Whitlock is a blowhard in general. This did nothing to dissuade that opinion. He's found his niche though, so good for him.

I mean, "sports teaches conservative values?" Please. The number 1 lesson I learned in playing sports is teamwork, which is just as much a liberal value as a conservative one. If you want the team to succeed, to be the best it can be, you have to be responsible for yourself and help the next teammate be up to speed as much as you can. That's one part libertarian, one part conservative and one part liberal as far as I can see it.

Blog Entries

The ESPYs will probably evolve into a participation awards ceremony with no winners or losers.

The ESPYs will probably evolve into a participation awards ceremony with no winners or losers.
    Or maybe they just stop having them because awards shows are stupid.

I was okay with that because people are stupid. But when Kate Fagan said Hope Solo should be allowed to play AFTER getting arrested for two counts of domestic violence (she attacked her sister and nephew) because she was a woman, I stopped watching ESPN.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock