They've got the whole world in their hands

Another offseason hypothetical:

Who has better hands, Tandon Doss or Dennis Pitta?

The evidence for Doss is slim (non-existant) except by reputation, but you hear about him a lot,

Should be an interesting contest.

Blog Entries

Re: They've got the whole world in their hands

Evidence wise, Pitta has shown that he has some incredible hands, I don't think I seen him drop anything in 2011, he needs to work on getting separation and his blocking though.

Just by rep, I think Doss has a fair argument on his side. I don't think he had more than 10 snaps on offense in 2011, and he did prove in the pre season that he can catch a ball pretty damn well. It is said he can make a catch on a ball that is travelling 60 mph towards him.

Blog Entries

No way to know until we actually see Doss play

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Evidence wise, Pitta has shown that he has some incredible hands, I don't think I seen him drop anything in 2011, he needs to work on getting separation and his blocking though.

Just by rep, I think Doss has a fair argument on his side. I don't think he had more than 10 snaps on offense in 2011, and he did prove in the pre season that he can catch a ball pretty damn well. It is said he can make a catch on a ball that is travelling 60 mph towards him.
    Which is about what Flacco's fastball is, haha.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which is about what Flacco's fastball is, haha.
    This is true.

Blog Entries

Pitta easily. Will not know about Doss until he plays in real games. He did flash some things last preseason though.

Blog Entries

Pitta was known for his great hands in college as well was Doss. for sake of argument, Ed Dickson was known for his soft hands in college too.

For whatever reason sometimes it does and other times it doesnt translate to the pros. With Pitta, we know it has. With Dickson we know, atleast for now, it hasnt. Doss is unknown but with knowing that he was also a great route runner in college youd think the mental speed wouldnt effect him and therefore it should translate quite well. If that is the case, college career for college career, id say both have excellent set of hands and catch everything in their vicinity. So id say there probably isnt a clear winner, as both are great, which is a good thing to have.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I still think it's a bit early to know who have the better hands. As Ozzie says, you will really get the true idea of a player in his third season. Ed Dickson could surprise us and become a better pass catcher than what Todd Heap was, who knows. I think both of our TE's have had pretty good careers so far though, people are hard on Dickson on these boards, I am one of them, but he has had some great games too and has shown potential.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Pitta was known for his great hands in college as well was Doss. for sake of argument, Ed Dickson was known for his soft hands in college too.

For whatever reason sometimes it does and other times it doesnt translate to the pros. With Pitta, we know it has. With Dickson we know, atleast for now, it hasnt. Doss is unknown but with knowing that he was also a great route runner in college youd think the mental speed wouldnt effect him and therefore it should translate quite well. If that is the case, college career for college career, id say both have excellent set of hands and catch everything in their vicinity. So id say there probably isnt a clear winner, as both are great, which is a good thing to have.
    I think Dickson's issues were more a result of a "mental block" or something like that. Maybe compare it to writer's block for receivers, haha.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Judging from the body of work we've seen, I'd have to go with Pitta

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Pitta.

He's already made some nice grabs at this level, but FF to 2:17 below. It was at this moment (in real-time back in late Feb '10) that my Pitta bromance began.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Okb06dDtM