Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Time to take the Bengals seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I'm not taking them seriously. They barely eeked out a win over a pretty bad Pittsburgh team. They aren't anywhere close to as good as the Giants, Broncos, Redskins, or really any team that has given the Ravens fits. The only thing that matters here is the Ravens have nothing to play for. They might as well rest everyone and just beat the shit out of Cincy in the playoffs.
    I doubt the Bengals will get past the Patriots in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    They had Palmer(lightyears better than Dalton, so far), OchoCinko meh a wash with AJ Green, Whosyourmama(better than their current #2 whomever they decide that to be) and a much better RB, 2 pro bowl corners on their squad at one point and a good front 7 at the same time and STILL couldn't put it together.

Sorry but the bengals of a few years ago were far more talented than they are now. Now they just have better coaches. But with that I'll say yes they have leap frogged the Squeelers as our biggest competition in the AFCN.
    For this season, yes. Next year the Steelers will be back. The Bengals are hardly a powerhouse by any definition.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    For this season, yes. Next year the Steelers will be back. The Bengals are hardly a powerhouse by any definition.
    Steelers have major issues, 20 million over the cap, many UFA's, RFA's the beat goes on. Internal problems as well They are getting older.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Steelers have major issues, 20 million over the cap, many UFA's, RFA's the beat goes on. Internal problems as well They are getting older.
    24 million supposedly

Blog Entries

Here we go with this again. First, it was the wise one near the beginning of the season (GOTA). Now, Leach is putting his own thread into the mix.

I will say this. They have shown a resiliency uncommon in Cincinnati, in years passed. However, Dalton and Co. have yet to beat the Ravens once, this is just the type of game that they'll lose (A meaningless game, following an emotionally charged victory in Pittsburgh) and they'll likely have to play New England in the first round.

Does anybody honestly expect them to go into New England and take down the Patriots? Brady is going to work that cover-2 scheme. It will be a matchup nightmare. A.J. Green will make it entertaining, but that will be it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here we go with this again. First, it was the wise one near the beginning of the season (GOTA). Now, Leach is putting his own thread into the mix.

I will say this. They have shown a resiliency uncommon in Cincinnati, in years passed. However, Dalton and Co. have yet to beat the Ravens once, this is just the type of game that they'll lose (A meaningless game, following an emotionally charged victory in Pittsburgh) and they'll likely have to play New England in the first round.

Does anybody honestly expect them to go into New England and take down the Patriots? Brady is going to work that cover-2 scheme. It will be a matchup nightmare. A.J. Green will make it entertaining, but that will be it.
    And even if they are a divisional foe, I will be rooting for the Bengals in that one like mad, can't stand the Pats, always like them to lose in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And even if they are a divisional foe, I will be rooting for the Bengals in that one like mad, can't stand the Pats, always like them to lose in the play offs.
    Well of course you want the wildcard team to win, gives the Ravens more opportunity for a home playoff game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Well of course you want the wildcard team to win, gives the Ravens more opportunity for a home playoff game.
    Even if we were somehow in the NFC, I'd root for the Bengals, I fucking hate the Patriots, maybe more than the Steelers. Well not really that much, but still, my second most hated team.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    what kind've chaps my ass...How often do we lose coordinators? Mainly DC, but we've had two DCs in the last 5 years get HC gigs...

Zimmer was an up and coming coach for awhile, and Jay Gruden's name keeps getting mentioned.

When the hell are they going to get tabbed for a job???? Tired of us losing all the coaches....
    Byproduct of having a perennial playoff team.

Great teams get their coaches raided by lesser teams with money to spend.

Been happening as long I can remember.

Blog Entries

Back to back playoff appearances show the Bengals are a good team. They're young and talented, and Marvin Lewis is a good head coach. Working for the Ravens- and everyone else in the division- is Mike Brown. He's always had a crappy organization, and he hasn't shown yet that he's willing or able to fix that.

So, until they show me otherwise, I'm going to consider the Steelers the bigger threat in the division. Yes, this was a down year. They've had them before. But that's a good organization that knows how to put a quality football team on the field. They've earned the expectation that they'll put a contender on the field next year, just like the Ravens have.