Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could we get Boldin?

Anquan Boldin isn't happy in Arizona. Could we make a trade for him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

Re: Could we get Boldin?

I'm not so sure if I want to...He's a great receiver, but he wants a huge payday, and I think we're a team that would rather build through the draft. If we grabbed Boldin, it's only because we want to stock up to make a run at him...

Besides, he's going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick to get. Pretty steep price for us to pay, we normally only trade 3rd round picks or lower.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Not until his contract expires in 2010 unless things really fall apart between now and then.

Why does this happen with every possible trade / FA that people forget where we are in cap space?

I'm so sorry HR...forgot that cap space...dammit. That's why I asked the question...for those Einstein cap # crunchers (maybe like yourself) that could look into that.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

bez

you too can be a salary cap whiz by clicking on the salary cap tab on the 24x7 home page

Could make it work trading Suggs. Not saying we should, just that it'd be how to get it done...

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Could make it work trading Suggs. Not saying we should, just that it'd be how to get it done...

- C -
    Bingo... a straight up trade wouldn't be the worst move in teh world for either side, and I could see all the players involved beign interested as well.

Honestly, I don't hate it. I think it'd be easier to replace Suggs on our Defense, then draft a guy like Boldin for our Offense. Heck, Barnes could even be the guy.

I did hear good things abotu Marcus Smith's camp thus far....

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Bingo... a straight up trade wouldn't be the worst move in teh world for either side, and I could see all the players involved beign interested as well.

Honestly, I don't hate it. I think it'd be easier to replace Suggs on our Defense, then draft a guy like Boldin for our Offense. Heck, Barnes could even be the guy.

I did hear good things abotu Marcus Smith's camp thus far....
    It's more interesting to me from the perspective that we've got both Ray and Scott coming up to deal with, on top of Suggs. I find it hard to imagine we can sign all three to long term deals (overload at one position). Could maybe do two, but might not even be able to handle that. Boldin's one way to shift that and add talent at a different position.

Problem is, you run into the same situation...you've just displaced where the talent is, you haven't changed the numbers. Can we keep three of Ray, Scott and Boldin? Maybe, but at great expense elsewhere.

Plus, honestly, if you ask me how I rank Ray, Scott, and Suggs in order of which I'd want to keep, it'd go:
    1) Suggs
    2) Scott

3) Ray

Mostly due to age but Suggs also is a better player than Scott.

If we were to make a trade like this, I'd want a draft pick to go with it, but I can't ever imagine AZ doing such a thing...

- C -

Scott's as good as gone.

Remember Boldin's injuries as well.

Suggs has been a workhorse from day 1.

Interesting scenario though.

And I honestly hope Scott goes. He's vastly overrated and was borderline terrible last year.

PP

Scott comes across as a real likeable guy, much more likeable then Hartwell was, but comparably replaceable.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.