Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is another US Civil War Possible?

“I never, in my life, felt more certain that I was doing right, than I do in signing this paper,” he declared. “If my name ever goes into history it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it."

And that's what people and history remember about Lincoln Darb, not your comments.

History is full of stuff that gets glossed over by the guys with the biggest guns. Everybody knows that, except for maybe you.

It's entirely possible to hate a group of people and still be anti-slavery. I look down on the Squeelers and their inbred fans. I don't think they should be forced into slavery.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    History is full of stuff that gets glossed over by the guys with the biggest guns. Everybody knows that, except for maybe you.

And they thought they were going to win it in one month. ILMAO At least you said maybe but that's when I know I'm winning. :)

It's entirely possible to hate a group of people and still be anti-slavery. I look down on the Squeelers and their inbred fans. I don't think they should be forced into slavery.
    I do. :) I'd love to flogg those muthers, man.:T2:

We used to throw them out of our bar on Fri nights.

I had a job at APG testing and firing tanks and was almost fired just for joking that I was going to turn the turret around and point it at Pissburgh. The officers weren't sure if I was joking or not. They knew my hatred for them after I was roughed up there.

Ever been to a game up there wearing your colors and cheering darb?

BTw, have you ever been to Baltimore at all?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-12-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Probably not in a courtroom, because I think that America's immunity would protect it from losing in court, and I agree that it won't be by bloodshed.
    Immunity? The federal government is often sued over constitutional issues.

The fact is Lincoln was wrong, states have the right to secede. One, it is not prohibited by the Constitution and the 10th amendment makes it clear that rights not specifically granted to the federal government are reserved for the states or the people. Two, when states ratified the Constitution they were required to ratify it as proposed and with no qualifiers. Two states, NY and VA both ratified the Constitution with the proviso that they could secede if and when they wanted. The federal government accepted this ratification meaning that it was understood secession was constitutional. If not, those ratifications would not have been accepted.

The secessionists are a very small but vocal fringe group. They believe in a internet rumor that Texas somehow has the power to secede. It does not.
    Military power? No. Legal right? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    While Vermont might want to leave, Texas, IMO, could theoretically support itself financially, where few if any OTHER states COULD.

I think Alaska is another. Basically it takes Oil, lots of it, IMO.
    There are many, many countries that are successful that are small and do not have oil resources.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There are many, many countries that are successful that are small and do not have oil resources.
    Monaco.

The Vatican.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Military power? No. Legal right? Yes.
    Texas does not have a legal right to secede.

Oops
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I do. :) I'd love to flogg those muthers, man.:T2:

We used to throw them out of our bar on Fri nights.

I had a job at APG testing and firing tanks and was almost fired just for joking that I was going to turn the turret around and point it at Pissburgh. The officers weren't sure if I was joking or not. They knew my hatred for them after I was roughed up there.

Ever been to a game up there wearing your colors and cheering darb?

BTw, have you ever been to Baltimore at all?
    There is no need to walk in a cesspool to know it's full of shit.

And yes, I've been to Baltimore. I find the inner harbor quite entertaining along with whatever y'all call that place across the water. Good pizza.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Texas does not have a legal right to secede.
    Depends who you ask.

Is secession legal or even possible? It depends on who you ask. Many legal scholars say the event is a legal and practical impossibility.

Although the TexasSecede.com website says that the Texas constitution does not specifically say that the state has the right to leave the Union, there are other provisions that the site says should allow it to happen.

“Joining the Union was ever and always voluntary, rendering voluntary withdrawal an equally lawful and viable option,” says the site. “Both the original (1836) and the current (1876) Texas Constitutions also state that ‘All political power is inherent in the people … they have at all times the inalienable right to alter their government in such manner as they might think proper.’”

The website says that while legal scholars and of course, national leaders say that Texas and other states can’t secede from the Union, they point out that President Ulysses S. Grant “readmitted” states like Texas to the Union after the Civil War through government actions, proving that the Confederate states were indeed considered to have left the US and therefore had to be “readmitted.”

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Depends who you ask.

Is secession legal or even possible? It depends on who you ask. Many legal scholars say the event is a legal and practical impossibility.

Although the TexasSecede.com website says that the Texas constitution does not specifically say that the state has the right to leave the Union, there are other provisions that the site says should allow it to happen.

“Joining the Union was ever and always voluntary, rendering voluntary withdrawal an equally lawful and viable option,” says the site. “Both the original (1836) and the current (1876) Texas Constitutions also state that ‘All political power is inherent in the people … they have at all times the inalienable right to alter their government in such manner as they might think proper.’”

The website says that while legal scholars and of course, national leaders say that Texas and other states can’t secede from the Union, they point out that President Ulysses S. Grant “readmitted” states like Texas to the Union after the Civil War through government actions, proving that the Confederate states were indeed considered to have left the US and therefore had to be “readmitted.”
    Which means there was never a civil war.
    ProFootballMock