Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

I don't care about the $ amount.

I care that he is now officially on record for unsportsmanlike conduct.

So if he decides to get his panties in a bunch and do this again in a game where things aren't going his way, he will be a repeat offender.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I don't care about the $ amount.

I care that he is now officially on record for unsportsmanlike conduct.
    Amen!

I do wish it was higher, but am also happy it was publically recognized as deliberate.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Good.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Now how many games is he getting suspended for?

I don't want to wish injury on any player, but I would have liked to see him get a torn ACL for that dirty kick. Just to see if he could come back as quick as T-Sizzle.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    $500 less than Frank Gore got fined for wearing his socks too low. Smh.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    I agree chicago... Good news is they Fined The Brady ... bad news is they said the kick to Ed Reed as not worth as much as socks. Screw You NFL ... The Ravens are in the SuperBowl even if you and your punk ass zebras tried to stop it .... The Ravens are in the SUPERBOWL !!!!! Joe ELITE Flacco ... ohhh and since I am venting ... F U 2 Skip Bayless and the rest of your ESPN Crew! Thank GOD CBS Radio took over 1300AM

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Now the NFL can move on to investigate why the Patriots WRs "Duck" their heads to spear defenders in the head, fishing for helmet-to-hemet penalty calls. Am I the only one who noticed this? When I watched the game online yesterday and then again last night, I noticed this. While I think it's a decent offensive strategy, (Patriots do their best to push the rules within the rules limits), it is dangerous and makes a mockery of the "helmet to helmet contact" rule and the NFL's desire to limit head injuries. If it somehow comes out later that the Pats organization coaches this concept... will the NFL come down hard on them similar to bounty gate?

Also, regarding the $10,500 vs $10,000 fine... It does look pretty silly. But I think the NFL goes WAY overboard on uniform fines. I don't think the 10,000 fine of Brady is the problem, I think the 10,500 fine for Gore is what's wrong. It's like getting life in prison for drugs, when all you have is a bag of marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Now the NFL can move on to investigate why the Patriots WRs "Duck" their heads to spear defenders in the head, fishing for helmet-to-hemet penalty calls. Am I the only one who noticed this? When I watched the game online yesterday and then again last night, I noticed this. While I think it's a decent offensive strategy, (Patriots do their best to push the rules within the rules limits), it is dangerous and makes a mockery of the "helmet to helmet contact" rule and the NFL's desire to limit head injuries. If it somehow comes out later that the Pats organization coaches this concept... will the NFL come down hard on them similar to bounty gate?
    Interesting. Also how brady was not given a penalty for moving around on the trick snap. Rice moved his shoulders earlier and was called.

Blog Entries

LOL - I love all the pics in this thread espescially the last one on Joe.

He's talking to all those Flacco haters. Where are they now? ILMAO

Blog Entries

Wow! I stand corrected. The amount is light, but it is the principle that I appreciate (even if Gore got fined $500 more for having his socks too low).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Suh got $30,000 but he kicked the guy in the groin.

One thing though, we can't call Brady Marsha anymore. :)
    going back to our other discussion, id still say this wasnt a fair amount. Suh's kick, while i think was intentional and dirty and has no place, was still a lot less noticeably tried and more importantly potentially damaging than what Brady did. this to me is barely acknowledging it.
    -JAB

Check out how this ESPN Boston article soft pedals the play:

During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid to the ground to end an impromptu run. The star quarterback had one leg raised a few feet off the ground and it hit Reed, who emerged from the play without injury.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...cording-source
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

CoverD--
    "But Brady...good god, he really needs to get lit up by someone again. And I hope it's courtesy of Bernard Pollard once more."

Sorry to break the bad news, but ain't gonna happen...this season!!!