Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    When did I say that 1) I "hate" LeBron James or 2) "everybody" does? I happen not to like him for what he did to his hometown team and for running from a difficult situation to the easiest one possible.

And wow, honestly, I don't care if you don't like Georgetown or Roy Hibbert. That's your right. I guess the only difference is I don't take it personally or get up in arms when you say so. :chill
    I hardly took anything seriously...just responding to "love fest" or whatever you it.

And lol...I'm hardly up in arms and surely didn't take it personally...I simply stated my opinion.

Sorry that simply...and it was a very simple statement...saying I hate Gtown and the Pacers means that I'm taking something personal to you apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

One thing that's interesting and hasn't gotten much discussion is the fact that SanAntonio has such a long rest. Not sure how much of an advantage it will be but especially given the age of some of their players, it has to be a positive.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't know...considering how rusty Miami has looked both times they had long layoffs this postseason, they are probably better off to just keep playing to stay in they every other day game routine.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I think espn flashed a stat about the spurs after long rests. Forget the numbers but it was lopsided in their favor. Its definitely an advantage for them at this point.
    -JAB

Late to the party, don't see much nba, but did I just read Lebron isn't clutch because he passes the ball at the end to someone in a better scoring position?

Dont count out he pacers yet but yes the Spurs look very healthy. Their big three has looked very good. I like their chances. If they can pounce game 1 i would be very advantageous. Wade doesnt look good and that could be a big factor too

Im not seeing this "clutch" factor in LeBron. Honestly he not as good a closer as a lot of other greats. I wouldnt go as far to say its a weakness but we have all seen what LeBron has done in the fourth quarters over the years

Jordan could have won 7 straight rings end i story. I think LeBron lost his chance at goat first year in Miami

Blog Entries

Yeh that Lebron guy sucks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    Im not seeing this "clutch" factor in LeBron. Honestly he not as good a closer as a lot of other greats. I wouldnt go as far to say its a weakness but we have all seen what LeBron has done in the fourth quarters over the years
    He has a higher shooting percentage in his career in the final 5 minutes than Kobe and many others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He has a higher shooting percentage in his career in the final 5 minutes than Kobe and many others.

I already posted his efficiency rating and an article abiut the last 5 minutes. Hes combines for more points/assists, rebounds, steals and blocks than any other player. Thats not good enough for some. In fact i get the feeling many would hold him higher if he he dramatically fell off in the 4th like they claim but made the final shot. Not sure why that ways so heavy for some. An unselfish player that does right by the tram... What a horrible thing.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Late to the party, don't see much nba, but did I just read Lebron isn't clutch because he passes the ball at the end to someone in a better scoring position?
    Sadly youre not mistaken. Kobe and jordans greatness/selfishness has cast a shadow on other equally great players that actually made it a team sport. Somehow the best scorer now equals the best player.
    -JAB