Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed is active

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    I'm glad ED got his money - at Houston's expense.

We all knew he was slow and couldn't tackle - now I guess the rest of the league is finding that out as well.
    Plus Ravens get comp pick.

Blog Entries

LOL ED got the Texans!!

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I wish he'd have retired with Ray so they could've gone into Canton together. Can't blame him for taking the 10 million or whatever it was (probably 5 mil I guess as he'll likely get cut after the season). Houston was foolish to sign him, especially for that contract.
    This. Houston really didn't do their homework on this one.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Actually, I can see why Ed wanted to play one more year. Yes, he got another pay day, but I can also see why he wouldn't want to go into Canton the same year as Ray. Ed was overshadowed by Ray throughout his career in Baltimore. I can see why he might want the Ravens spotlight to be on him alone when he goes into the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Actually, I can see why Ed wanted to play one more year. Yes, he got another pay day, but I can also see why he wouldn't want to go into Canton the same year as Ray. Ed was overshadowed by Ray throughout his career in Baltimore. I can see why he might want the Ravens spotlight to be on him alone when he goes into the HOF.
    I would say the same for Ray. They both deserve to be the headliners when they go in.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I would say the same for Ray. They both deserve to be the headliners when they go in.
    Agreed, but you have to admit that if both Ray and Ed had gone into the HOF the same year, that Ray would have gotten most of the attention. I have long felt that Ed never got the national publicity that he deserved, because his career was overshadowed by Ray's career.

Re: Reed Needs to Retire

That signing was all on their owner.

He felt that the Texans were mentaly weak, so he demanded that Rick Smith (a terrific GM IMHO) to get players to help in that respect.

They targeted Ed...and you can see just how involved the owner was and how badly he wanted him because he sent private planes out for Ed and they wined and dined him for like 2-3 days in Houston.

Who does that anymore? No teams go to that level anymore...not since the 90's. John McClain even said that Reed was the first player the Texans rolled out that type of red carpet for.

This is what happens when the owner gets involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    This. Houston really didn't do their homework on this one.
    That's the truth. Everyone was shocked when the details of that contract came out. I don't think anyone saw Reed getting even half what they paid him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Agreed, but you have to admit that if both Ray and Ed had gone into the HOF the same year, that Ray would have gotten most of the attention. I have long felt that Ed never got the national publicity that he deserved, because his career was overshadowed by Ray's career.
    Agreed ... I am glad that Ed will not be the same year as Ray so we can have great party for EACH of them in Baltimore not for BOTH of them. I always like Ed Reed however he is not Ray Lewis and him going in the same year would have taken away any spotlight Ed would have gotten.

I would rather him finishes this year so we can have Back To Back HOF Events!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Blog Entries

Texans 0-3 when reed plays.

Blog Entries

I guess the idea of 'saving him for the playoffs' went out the window when it started appearing unlikely they'd make the playoffs.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Texans 0-3 when reed plays.
    0-3 when Schaub throws a pick-6 also.. can't blame it all on Reed. :)