Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

How about reading the thread Kojo?

That's exactly what we said.

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How about reading the thread Kojo?

That's exactly what we said.
    Hey Houston! I only saw the "get them while you can" comment in the title and went from there. Carry-on :)

Gun control advocacy is so yesterday...

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Saw a little comment about Fast and Furious earlier in this thread. Thought I would drop this in here.

Its a long read, but a good one.

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...furious-truth/

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Saw a little comment about Fast and Furious earlier in this thread. Thought I would drop this in here.

Its a long read, but a good one.

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...furious-truth/
    I don't think anyone has ever argued that the administration intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands if the cartels.

Rather, it was a monumentally stupid idea to allow guns to walk across the border, hoping they'd never get used, all in the hopes of being able to "track their movements".

Fact still remains this administration DID allow guns to go across the border. Those guns DID end up in the hands of some pretty bad folks. And sadly, those same guns DID kill people, namely a DEA agent. Do I think the President or Holder know about the program beforehand? No. Do I think they've been covering it up? Yup.

That's the issue I have with it. No surprise, CNN is hoping to obfuscate the issue when that was never anyone's contention in the first place.

I don't think anyone has ever argued that the administration intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands if the cartels.

Rather, it was a monumentally stupid idea to allow guns to walk across the border, hoping they'd never get used, all in the hopes of being able to "track their movements".

Fact still remains this administration DID allow guns to go across the border. Those guns DID end up in the hands of some pretty bad folks. And sadly, those same guns DID kill people, namely a DEA agent. Do I think the President or Holder know about the program beforehand? No. Do I think they've been covering it up? Yup.

That's the issue I have with it. No surprise, CNN is hoping to obfuscate the issue when that was never anyone's contention in the first place.
    Gotta look out for your boys, even if its the wrong thing to do. Its unfortunate, but you really think they're just going to throw them under the bus? And you really think any other administration would do the same? Just saying, this seems more of a loyalty issue than anything.

Also, how many sting operations go wrong every year that we just don't hear about? I really think this issue was hyper-politicized. But that's all my opinion.

I'm sorry. Loyalty ends when people die. Period.

And I'm kind of stunned you're ok with that.

I'm sorry. Loyalty ends when people die. Period.

And I'm kind of stunned you're ok with that.
    When did I say I was ok with it? I said that's the way it is. Personal loyalty is valued very highly in American society, but especially in military and law enforcement.

No administration is going to willingly throw their own people under the bus unless they absolutely have too. Just like no squad sergeant or police chief is going to either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    When did I say I was ok with it? I said that's the way it is. Personal loyalty is valued very highly in American society, but especially in military and law enforcement.

No administration is going to willingly throw their own people under the bus unless they absolutely have too. Just like no squad sergeant or police chief is going to either.
    Scooter Libby would disagree.

Blog Entries

So... clearly I'm not a rifle expert. I took a look at this, I had no idea a 223 round was so small. I knew it was small but not that small. I'd like a bigger caliber, any suggestion on that?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So... clearly I'm not a rifle expert. I took a look at this, I had no idea a 223 round was so small. I knew it was small but not that small. I'd like a bigger caliber, any suggestion on that?
    You can get AR style guns in 7.62(AK caliber) or 308. It's a little less off the shelf, but they can be found.... or you could just get an AK, the aforementioned Red Jacket specializes in them.
    But don't forget the projectile may be small on a 223 but the charge is BIG with high velocity. I know AR style rifles are used down south on wild Hogs, but I'm not entirely sure if it's 223 or 308 versions. There is a gun show on Discovery with Ted Nugent, and in the opening episode he gets a spec bilt .308 AR for hunting VERY large African Mammals.

Me, I think I just want a fun range gun now, so I'm thinking of building one of these for myself for xmas....
    http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/ind...mart&Itemid=19

for $6-800 I'll have a fun plinking toy with the cheapest most ubiquitous ammo out there. And it can be shot at indoor ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Any larger of a round and you lose the "fun" aspect of the AR. While you CAN get AR's that will accommodate a larger round, I don't think you'd get the same from the weapon.

Larger rounds on the AR frame will mean a more expensive weapon, more expensive rounds, etc. The .223 is "small" but, as johnboy said, it's velocity makes up for it.