Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast

Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Calling the Pats success a byproduct of their division? That's laughable.

Three Super Bowl wins, five appearances and 9 division titles in the last 11 years is hardly something that can be attributed to a soft division.
    Their paths have been fortuitous. It's a lot easier to get there when you have HFA much of the time. If they'd have had to play the Ravens at M&T last year, they would have been smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Their paths have been fortuitous. It's a lot easier to get there when you have HFA much of the time. If they'd have had to play the Ravens at M&T last year, they would have been smoked.
    So what about the non-divisional teams they smoked on a regular basis these past 11 years?

I guess those wins are "fortuitous" as well?

How is Sanchez still in this game?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So what about the non-divisional teams they smoked on a regular basis these past 11 years?

I guess those wins are "fortuitous" as well?
    Not denying they are a good team. But, that little extra of playing a weak division has been contributing. If they played in the AFCN, against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens four times a year, they wouldn't be as succesful. Let's face it, they don't have a "foil". The Jet's were briefly, but no more. The Dolphins and Bills have been total shit for two decades it seems. Meanwhile teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, have had to slug it out year after year and it makes it harder on them come playoff time. I guess I am just bitter right now. I see the Patriots overtaking the Ravens for that second seed by virtue of playing 6 games against total garbage teams.

Ok so for some of their seasons, they had years where the division was soft.

All teams play more non-divisional games than divisional games.

Yet their success is largely contributed to said "soft division"?

Yeah, still not buying it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Not denying they are a good team. But, that little extra of playing a weak division has been contributing. If they played in the AFCN, against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens four times a year, they wouldn't be as succesful. Let's face it, they don't have a "foil". The Jet's were briefly, but no more. The Dolphins and Bills have been total shit for two decades it seems. Meanwhile teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, have had to slug it out year after year and it makes it harder on them come playoff time. I guess I am just bitter right now. I see the Patriots overtaking the Ravens for that second seed by virtue of playing 6 games against total garbage teams.
    One may argue that the AFCN is forfeiting to the Ravens right now.

You are right about that second seed though. It is essential for this Ravens team who play so bad on the road.Pats or Broncos can go to Houston and beat them, bringing the AFCCG to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    One may argue that the AFCN is forfeiting to the Ravens right now.

You are right about that second seed though. It is essential for this Ravens team who play so bad on the road.Pats or Broncos can go to Houston and beat them, bringing the AFCCG to Baltimore.
    How do you figure that?

Only one team with a losing record in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    How is Sanchez still in this game?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I'm trying to figure out how he's in any game.
    The dude sucks!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    How do you figure that?

Only one team with a losing record in the division.
    The Ravens are what, 12-0 in the division in the last 12 games? Tough games all, though.

The Jets season in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    That is the most retarded thing I've heard. It should be about getting the call right. Not who benefits.
    Here is why the rule is stupid. Say, Detroit doesn't throw the red flag, but Houston does. Penalty, no review, and the TD is kept. Stupid, stupid, rule. Get rid of it NFL!

Blog Entries

Pissed off with the Lions game, and definitely feel sorry for Lions fans too. They were fucking robbed off that game, but the silly mistakes they made in OT were inexcusable at times. You JUST can't fumble the ball in OT like Pettigrew did, he really hasn't been as impressive as I though he'd be in the NFL.

Anyway looking at the bright side. I actually am starting to get some doubt about this Houston team, and if we can seal the number 2 seed, I would not be surprised at all if we end up playing Denver or New England at home in the AFCCG (providing we win our divisional game).