Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 4 more comp picks in 2014

You guys counted the subtractions but overlooked the additions. So far they are down three UFAs in Ellerbe, Reed and Kruger, but they are up one in Spears, right? (Canty was released by the Giants I think). So I'm not sure where four comp picks comes from? Two at the most by my count right now, with the potential to still sign a UFA. Ozzie usually signs them late.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I'm thinking Ozzie will package 3-4 of the low-round picks for a higher pick (a two or a three?), maybe even trade down from this years' first (last pick in the round so it's practically a second anyway)
    I've been saying for a while now that he'll do both. Trade down with the first pick and use some of the later picks to move up so he ends up with four or five in rounds two to three, where the value lies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You guys counted the subtractions but overlooked the additions. So far they are down three UFAs in Ellerbe, Reed and Kruger, but they are up one in Spears, right? (Canty was released by the Giants I think). So I'm not sure where four comp picks comes from? Two at the most by my count right now, with the potential to still sign a UFA. Ozzie usually signs them late.
    Both Spears and Canty were Salary cap cuts, they dont count.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Spears was released also. So right now we're at 3.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...he-ravens.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Spears was released also. So right now we're at 3.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...he-ravens.html
    Actually the Ravens are at 4, Cary Williams an UFA signed a 3 year 17 Million deal with Philly. About 5Million a year should net a 5th likely.