Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Update

Blog Entries

Re: Kindle Update

I'm not really worried. I'm just frustrated by this guy. He never seems to get it. Eventually the Ravens are going to give up and Kindle is going to look back and realize that he threw away a winning lottery ticket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not really worried. I'm just frustrated by this guy. He never seems to get it. Eventually the Ravens are going to give up and Kindle is going to look back and realize that he threw away a winning lottery ticket.
    Hold your horses there Gman. I understand your impatience, but let's look a little more closely at the situation. Kindle missed his rookie season due to an accident (perhaps of his own immature doing). The lock-out impeded many young players in 2011 too, as well as Kindle's skull fracture healing time. Now in his 3rd year, he has less reason not to be (at least somewhat) productive. I look for him to step into Kruger's 2011 shoes, and rush the passer. If he cannot produce, even in a limited role this season, then we probably won't see him in 2013. However, I'm not ready to throw him out just yet... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What worries me is this

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Pu...an-you-hear-me

“I’m studying more of the playbook and doing it in different ways than before. I’m trying to be isolated – no TV, no music, none of that. I’m just trying to get away from people and the phone. I need to make sure my mind is focused on the task at hand and reviewing the playbook.”

Kindle looks to be in good shape but realizes that his biggest change can come from adjusting his mentality and preparation.

“If I learn the playbook as much as I need to I won’t have to depend on calls as much. I’ll just know what I see and go from there”, Kindle said.

WTF???? Studying the playbook more? If I learn the playbook as much as I need to? What the hell has he been doing the past 2 years? It's like he just realized this is serious and he better start hitting the books. Even though we don't see the King Serg tweets anymore doesn't mean he's actually grown up.
    Well, we do have a new Defensive coordinator. I am sure Pees kept some of what we did in the past but I am sure he has added his own stuff to. Every coach does.

Have I totally been asleep at the wheel??? When did Kindle develop hearing problems?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Have I totally been asleep at the wheel??? When did Kindle develop hearing problems?
    Guess so Luke!

One of the side effects (really the only major one) from his head trauma was he lost something like 90% of his ability to hear out of one of his ears. The other one is fine though. It took him a while to adapt because his equilibrium was all out of whack.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Guess so Luke!

One of the side effects (really the only major one) from his head trauma was he lost something like 90% of his ability to hear out of one of his ears. The other one is fine though. It took him a while to adapt because his equilibrium was all out of whack.
    Yikes. I read several articles on the injury but didn't recall hearing (no pun intended) about this. Man, I swear I'm 33 going on 70 sometimes...

Blog Entries

From most reports... the hearing loss is the #1thing keeping him off the field.

Blog Entries

Which ear is it? 've read a couple things but all they say is hearing loss, not WHICH side it is.

Simple solution put him on the other side so hs good ear is towards the signal caller. Or the other thing, why wouldn't the NFL allow him to wear a hearing aid?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Which ear is it?
    Here you go:
    Kindle admitted that he has hampered by hearing loss in his left ear.
    Then again--
    As a result of the injury, he has permanent hearing loss in his right ear...
    (In fact most sources I've seen say it's the left ear.)
    Simple solution put him on the other side so his good ear is towards the signal caller.
    IIRC a major part of the Ravens' defense is shifting positions before the snap to try & create mismatches. If Sergio can't shift around due to hearing loss that may not be an inconsiderable problem.
    Why wouldn't the NFL allow him to wear a hearing aid?
    Good question. Might be a safety issue--you wouldn't want to chance the thing being driven down the ear canal. Or it might not be much help. IIRC after his initial rehab, the docs described it as about a 90% loss of hearing in that ear & said there wasn't a lot they could do about it.

Blog Entries

Which ear is it? 've read a couple things but all they say is hearing loss, not WHICH side it is.

Simple solution put him on the other side so hs good ear is towards the signal caller. Or the other thing, why wouldn't the NFL allow him to wear a hearing aid?
    When I first read that they were looking into that, I immediately thought that some team would complain about it somehow giving the Ravens an unfair advantage.

Cool Re: Kindle Update

I have extreme hearing loss in one ear and after 5 surgeries (at Johns Hopkins and I had a great surgeon) and wearing a hearing aid for years I can barely hear anything out of it.

Hearing loss is a real B***h and I really feel for the guy. That, along with the sound distortion (imagine how it is during a game with tens of thousands of people yelling), does not make much improvement whichever side of the field you are put on. He might also have tinnitus which is something that I also have which is constant ringing in the ear. There have been cases where if it is bad enough people can litterly go insane from the ringing and some people can literally do just about anything like additional surgeries or drugs/alcohol to stop the noise.

One common characteristic of someone with hearing loss is that they always look like they are pissed off. After awhile, if you have to keep asking, "What did you say..." enough times you would get pissed off too!

I hope he can perform and I'm rooting for him to do well but if he can't, I truly hope that he can live a decent life with the disablity!

Blog Entries

Thanks Loba, so it seems letting Upshaw slide into Suggs place and Kruger and Kindle can back up Kruger. At least he can get the calls on tha side.

Not sure about the ringing. I have bad hearing loss in my right ear(from shooting without hearing protection) but don't have a ringing. Who knows, as pissed as I am about the wasted draft pick, and the kick against the Ravens for his own stupidity I really hope he can at least contribute SOMETHING this year, than he can be gone next year for all I care.