Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

There is NO WAY Barrett Jones lasts until our pick at the bottom of the second round. As for need...any team needs a versatile guy like this. Take him and move on, I say!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    There is NO WAY Barrett Jones lasts until our pick at the bottom of the second round. As for need...any team needs a versatile guy like this. Take him and move on, I say!
    Considering a guy who was a good NFL scout just last year gives him a mid 3rd round grade, saying there is no way he lasts is way overboard.

Could he be picked before...sure, it's the NFL draft. But Jones is not grading out as a first round or even early second round pick from everything I've read. There is a strong chance he is still there at 62.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @RDSCT: thoughts on Barrett Jones? 1st or 2nd round talent?> No and no…I thought he was a mid-round guy on tape. 3rd at earliest for me.
    All it takes is one team of course and Jones definitely can be a good player in this league, but I highly doubt he is looked at as a first or early second round guy as a whole around the league.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Considering a guy who was a good NFL scout just last year gives him a mid 3rd round grade, saying there is no way he lasts is way overboard.

Could he be picked before...sure, it's the NFL draft. But Jones is not grading out as a first round or even early second round pick from everything I've read. There is a strong chance he is still there at 62.
    How many saw KO dropping last year?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How many saw KO dropping last year?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I remember Ko before the draft and hoped the Ravens were considering him to replace Ben Grubbs, but then totally forgot about him after Cordy Glenns combine performance. So when the Ravens drafted him, I was pretty chuffed after forgetting about him. I had him in one of my mock drafts, if only I kept him on there with Pierce and Gino as 3rd and 4th round picks that I got right, I would have been 100 % if belicheat didn't steal Hightower away from us. Tbf, i thought Upshaw was going to go way higher than he did, I had him going to the Jets actually.

Joe Flacco is making Glennon a lot of money...just the pre draft comparisons...everybody compares him to Joe. Somebody is going to absolutely fall in love with his arm...he has a terrific arm and has practically the same frame Joe had coming out.
    The similarities are definitely there, they also share the "When they're on they're ON and when they're not they're NOT" quality. I think Glennon is also slightly less athletic than Joe is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I remember Ko before the draft and hoped the Ravens were considering him to replace Ben Grubbs, but then totally forgot about him after Cordy Glenns combine performance. So when the Ravens drafted him, I was pretty chuffed after forgetting about him. I had him in one of my mock drafts, if only I kept him on there with Pierce and Gino as 3rd and 4th round picks that I got right, I would have been 100 % if belicheat didn't steal Hightower away from us. Tbf, i thought Upshaw was going to go way higher than he did, I had him going to the Jets actually.
    I had Upshaw falling the entire time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The similarities are definitely there, they also share the "When they're on they're ON and when they're not they're NOT" quality. I think Glennon is also slightly less athletic than Joe is.
    What's going on upstairs though?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Flacco looked better pre draft than Glennon has looked. Glennon looked flat out bad at times during the senior bowl game, and that was with Flacco coming from an FCS school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What's going on upstairs though?
    From what I seen, he struggles badly when the pocket gets "muddy".

Look, it's very early in the process to determine anything, and, despite what that scout said about Barrett, I expect him to be a fairly high draft pick. Once the combine and pre-draft workouts are complete he should ascend. I say take him at 32 and call it a night.

Blog Entries

He will be there in the second round.

Yeah, I don't know about Manuel, but the others sure.

Joe Flacco is making Glennon a lot of money...just the pre draft comparisons...everybody compares him to Joe. Somebody is going to absolutely fall in love with his arm...he has a terrific arm and has practically the same frame Joe had coming out.

Bray too...don't be shocked if Bray rockets up into the early second.
    Glennon has all the physical talent you need. And predictions are meaningless, but I'd be surprised if he was anything other than a steaming hot pile of mark sanchez if he gets to play in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Flacco looked better pre draft than Glennon has looked. Glennon looked flat out bad at times during the senior bowl game, and that was with Flacco coming from an FCS school.
    Joe's Senior Bowl performance (an obviously very small sample) wasn't exactly the stuff of legends
    Then in the Senior Bowl in January, Flacco completed just 2 of 7 for 22 yards and an interception—but scouts appreciated that he remained poised. "One of the best lessons I was taught when I started coaching was, don't ever ding a guy at the Senior Bowl," says Jaguars quarterbacks coach Mike Shula. "He can only help himself for coming."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...7967/index.htm

OT: Leach, is it bad that in my head I read everything you say in a British Accent :p