Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

Well at least I got a laugh because of this. I went to a Stoolers board to see if there is any truth to this. There is a Fire LeBeau thread going. Lol.

Re: Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    James Harrison to Undergo Multiple Knee Operations
    http://strengthandconditioningfitnes...ump-high-1.jpg

Steelers veteran linebacker James Harrison will undergo several procedures on his injured knee, according to a statement made by his agent earlier today.

Harrison will undergo Meniscectomy knee surgery, followed by an attempt at Meniscus repair. Most likely a meniscus transplant will be needed, where the damaged meniscus will be replaced with cartilage from a donor. Plica Surgery will follow, the primary goal will be to reduce inflammation. Next, a Lateral Release will be undertaken to realign the kneecap. This will be followed with Tendon Repair surgery to the patellar and quadriceps tendons. Subsequently, Harrison will undergo ACL Reconstructive Surgery which requires a graft selection, meaning Harrison would need to select replacement tissue from his own body or a donor (Goodell?). Once this is done, next up will be an Unicompartmental Knee Replacement, also known as partial knee replacement, which requires the damaged portion of the knee to be replaced with metal and plastic components. Doctors will then perform Microfracture surgery on Harrison's knee to repair damaged cartilage. And finally, doctors may simply decide to do a Full Knee Replacement utilizing an artificial knee.
    All of that seems to be a bit much and on the sarcastic side in my opinion. I too will wait for an official report.

If this is true, his career is over.

That was a tongue in cheek post.
    Last edited by DkBlue; 09-27-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    That's the end of that, then article goes on to say knee replacement afterward. He's done.
    You do this kind of thing all the time dude.

Personally, from reading that, I'm not sure I buy it. If his knee was THAT bad, he wouldn't be walking period, let alone playing. And, they don't do knee replacements on guys that young, which is why Mike McCrary is hobbling around on two wrecked knees waiting to be old enough for the docs to replace them.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The post is clearly an attempt at a joke. From a medical standpoint, it doesn't make much sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    That was a tongue in cheek post.
    I liked the suggestion of Goodell as the donor

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Well, we've seen it before. Microfracture surgery (if he indeed needs it) is the beginning of the end. We saw it with Kelly Gregg and others around the NFL. I for one hope the Steelers keep him around for a couple years post surgery, he will be a shell of his former self and that will help the Ravens out a bit.

As far as a Knee Replacement goes... I think it would go without saying that a 34 year old getting microfracture surgery would eventually need a knee replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You do this kind of thing all the time dude.

Personally, from reading that, I'm not sure I buy it. If his knee was THAT bad, he wouldn't be walking period, let alone playing. And, they don't do knee replacements on guys that young, which is why Mike McCrary is hobbling around on two wrecked knees waiting to be old enough for the docs to replace them.
    The OP has history of posting stuff without a link. He takes the time to read but doesn't take the time to post the link on what he's reading.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't like speaking too soon on things, but I honestly see the Steelers really having a down year, like a 9-7/8-8 type season, and perhaps missing out on a wild card berth. This is a big blow, and the Steelers defense has not looked the same, I usually am a somewhat defender of the Steelers in terms of how good they are, but with what I've seen of them so far, it's going to be between us and the Bengals for the division title this year. I actually kind of had a feeling that the Steelers were going to win the division back this year, but from what I've seen, I think it's the Ravens who have to be the favourites right now with their offensive performances, and our chances could have a major uplift if Suggs comes back healthy after week 6, which right now seems more likely than we originally thought.
    I think 9 or 10 wins takes the division this year. I had the same line of thinking that the Steelers would win the division. I thought the Ravens Oline would not be good leading to an offense that struggled. The schedule for the Ravens is brutal. I though the Steelers were in a good position to make a run at the title as their schedule was little bit easier. It looks as though Cincy has gotten a little bit weaker as well. Their defense is not playing as well as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think 9 or 10 wins takes the division this year. I had the same line of thinking that the Steelers would win the division. I thought the Ravens Oline would not be good leading to an offense that struggled. The schedule for the Ravens is brutal. I though the Steelers were in a good position to make a run at the title as their schedule was little bit easier. It looks as though Cincy has gotten a little bit weaker as well. Their defense is not playing as well as last year.
    Really? Given how teams have played these first 3 weeks, I only see 3 games that we can pencil in as losses: @Houston, @San Diego, and Vs. Giants @ home.

They don't like doing replacement but will if needed. I was told the same by the Doctors at Union Memorial but after a scope, half replacement they finally did the full replacement. Replacements usually last 10 years so that's why they don't like giving younger people replacement. If Mac really want it replaced I am sure they would do it. I literally had to beg for it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!