Blog Entries

Ravens add OT, Paul Madsen...cut RB Pendergrass

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...a4bcf887a.html

He's a 26 year old rookie out of Colorado State. The Bills put him on waivers this past week. He's 6'4" and about 310lbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens add OT, Paul Madsen...cut RB Pendergrass

Just to make sure things are straight in my head, waiver wire means that 28 other teams had a chance to get him before our turn came?
    29th because that was our draft position?

Not really meaning much by it, more just for my info, he may be good, or may be our new Harewood project potential starting.

EDIT - also asking if this means we inherit his contract and don't have to negotiate anything, or does a new contract have to be done?
    Last edited by Rxdoxx; 06-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Know anything about him as a player, as in do you think he has the athletic ability to play on the left side?

Blog Entries

Just looking at what I can find online, sounds like he had a solid college career but was projected as more of an interior lineman in the NFL. Maybe the guy is a camp body, maybe he'll develeop into more...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Just looking at what I can find online, sounds like he had a solid college career but was projected as more of an interior lineman in the NFL. Maybe the guy is a camp body, maybe he'll develeop into more...
    Yeah, 6'4 isn't exactly prototypical left tackle size. Not that he couldn't be, but obviously a team would prefer a taller specimen for LT, and put a guy like this in the interior, just as you stated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Know anything about him as a player, as in do you think he has the athletic ability to play on the left side?
    Nah. I think he's just like everyone else is saying. A camp body.

He might be able to be a depth RT or OG, but I doubt anything more than that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Just to make sure things are straight in my head, waiver wire means that 28 other teams had a chance to get him before our turn came?
    29th because that was our draft position?

Not really meaning much by it, more just for my info, he may be good, or may be our new Harewood project potential starting.

EDIT - also asking if this means we inherit his contract and don't have to negotiate anything, or does a new contract have to be done?
    When you claim a player the contract transfers over to the new team. When a player clears waivers his contract is gone and he has to agree to a new one with the team that signs him.

Blog Entries

Thanks. So all we get is right of exclusive negotiations. That ought to keep any signing bonus talk way out of the picture. He signs and reports or he is in limbo.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Thanks. So all we get is right of exclusive negotiations. That ought to keep any signing bonus talk way out of the picture. He signs and reports or he is in limbo.
    He would have already been paid his signing bonus by the Bills so it's a non issue. The Ravens inherit the terms of the contract but don't have to worry about anything that has already been paid.