Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Add Arizona to the List ...

On February 28, 2014, Sharper was officially fired from NFL Network.

He was suspended from NFL Network on Jan 18th 2014, the day after his L.A. arrest Jan 17th

NFL washed their hands of him (with his health insurance/counsellings) (a lot quicker than an owner)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Wow that's one sick dude.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah I think it all comes down to the evidence. Apparently the state feels they have enough to hold him without bail.
    It's still at the judges discretion. I don't see him getting out.

Blog Entries

This is pretty fucked up.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's still at the judges discretion. I don't see him getting out.
    Judges discretion yes, but the prosecution has a burden of proof under due process to provide the evidence, and prove that it is significant enough to hold him without bail. And that is what this is about.

The situation is a bit different in that Sharper is being held in California without bond, because of the Arizona indictment and no bail status. Seems a bit twisted to me.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This just goes to show that money and fame do not bring a person happiness. He has plenty of cash, fame, and appears to me a good-looking guy. What is going on in his heart and head that makes him do this?

I feel sorry for the guy. I don't excuse him for this and he needs to go to prison for a very long time, maybe life. I just hate to see people like this, he probably has something akin to an addiction. Whatever money he has should be split among these women. I know that doesn't make up for it but beyond incarcerating him and giving them monetary awards what else can the state do?

Judges discretion yes, but the prosecution has a burden of proof under due process to provide the evidence, and prove that it is significant enough to hold him without bail. And that is what this is about.

The situation is a bit different in that Sharper is being held in California without bond, because of the Arizona indictment and no bail status. Seems a bit twisted to me.
    You're convoluting your legal terms / concepts. This whole thing, from his arrest to determination of guilt, is part of due process and the prosecution has the burden of proof at the trial, not at a bail review.

You're convoluting your legal terms / concepts. This whole thing, from his arrest to determination of guilt, is part of due process and the prosecution has the burden of proof at the trial, not at a bail review.
    I'm not a legal expert so don't hold me to the fire. If I am reading the information correctly, under Arizona law, Sharper has a "due process" right to a hearing in which prosecutors have to prove that there is convincing evidence to hold him without bail.

Under Arizona law, Sharper has a due-process right to force prosecutors to prove that "the proof is evident and the presumption great" that he committed the crimes if he is held without bond, Granville said.

I'm not a legal expert so don't hold me to the fire. If I am reading the information correctly, under Arizona law, Sharper has a "due process" right to a hearing in which prosecutors have to prove that there is convincing evidence to hold him without bail.
    That's poorly written by the media outlet.

Bail review is part of due process. The prosecutors don't have to "prove" anything. According to AZ law if he's charged with a capital crime or a sex offense, bail is not an option.

The "proof is evident and the presumption great" line is a vagary and the word presumption is a fancy way of saying "suspected".

So circling back, it's still at the judges discretion, meaning all the judge has to say is that bar has been met and he's held. Now he may get lucky and get a soft judge but those are few and far between in AZ.

That's poorly written by the media outlet.

Bail review is part of due process. The prosecutors don't have to "prove" anything. According to AZ law if he's charged with a capital crime or a sex offense, bail is not an option.

The "proof is evident and the presumption great" line is a vagary and the word presumption is a fancy way of saying "suspected".

So circling back, it's still at the judges discretion, meaning all the judge has to say is that bar has been met and he's held. Now he may get lucky and get a soft judge but those are few and far between in AZ.
    Yeah I agree that the judge will have the final say. The issue is that sharper has never appeared before a judge on the Arizona indictment, and this is what his attorney is saying. The judge decided to hold Sharper based on comments by the prosecutor, while he was incarcerated in California. I'm pretty sure he has a right to be present at the initial bond hearing with his attorney?

Yeah I agree that the judge will have the final say. The issue is that sharper has never appeared before a judge on the Arizona indictment, and this is what his attorney is saying. The judge decided to hold Sharper based on comments by the prosecutor, while he was incarcerated in California. I'm pretty sure he has a right to be present at the initial bond hearing with his attorney?
    I would think so, yes.