Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

hey Ngata...what does "play like a Raven" mean?

"It means playing rough, tough football," Ngata said. "Playing with some type of cruelty but not trying to kill somebody. Its a nastiness where your going to impose your will on teams, so that's what we want to do."

That's the kinda stuff I like to hear three days before the SB. I think everybody needs to throw the regular season stats and rankings out the window and recognize that this defense is finally healthy and back to form, i.e. playing like Ravens!

Blog Entries
    I'm feeling really good about this game. I think we are going to see all the big guns on defense at full strength or as good as you're gonna get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: hey Ngata...what does "play like a Raven" mean?

I wish we had Webb...but nonetheless I'm feeling very confident.

Blog Entries

I think Teryl Austin, our secondary coach, deserves a ton of credit for getting the most out of the CB's w/o Webb. Just look at what he has done with Graham. Helps when you have the best safety tandem in the league as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I think Teryl Austin, our secondary coach, deserves a ton of credit for getting the most out of the CB's w/o Webb. Just look at what he has done with Graham. Helps when you have the best safety tandem in the league as well.
    And I have to throw out there that I really think the unsung player has to be Corey Graham.
    No one expected he would play the way he has.
    And teams have tried to pick on him and they got burnt.
    Every time you turn around he is making a play.

There are so many guys who have stepped it up, but I would say almost for a certainty, that if he doesn't get those two interceptions against Peyton, our Ravens don't get to go to Foxboro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    And I have to throw out there that I really think the unsung player has to be Corey Graham.
    No one expected he would play the way he has.
    And teams have tried to pick on him and they got burnt.
    Every time you turn around he is making a play.

There are so many guys who have stepped it up, but I would say almost for a certainty, that if he doesn't get those two interceptions against Peyton, our Ravens don't get to go to Foxboro.
    I agree. Without Graham stepping up, we don't go to the superbowl. He's been huge.

Blog Entries

I find it funny how nobody is really talking about Ngata, he could be the x factor in this game, if he's healthy, the 49ers aren't going to run the ball with him, Ellerbe, Lewis, and Pollard stacking the box. the pistol formation that the 9ers run is based on being a physical inside running team, if you can stop that element, it's a good start to making that offense less multiple.

As good as Goodwin is for the 49ers, he isn't as good as that center on the Pats. The 49ers have a great OL, but so did Denver. Yes, Gore will make it harder as far as stopping the run than against anyone we have seen in awhile, but you can bet the Ravens have been working on run defenseon that all week. No way that Kaep can move the chains as consistently as Manning without Gore running all over us and I can't see that.

I love the 49er LBs, but there is no Wilfork there either.....I looked at their NT Soapoanga as a weak link in that Atlanta game, I want to see Marshall put something into his ribs, and then Osemele after that. Yanda is our beast........UTR. Watch them work over Soapoanga early, like a boxing match. SF has no depth there, except for Ricky-Jean Francois, who we need to watch out for. He played at LSU.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 02-01-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I find it funny how nobody is really talking about Ngata, he could be the x factor in this game, if he's healthy, the 49ers aren't going to run the ball with him, Ellerbe, Lewis, and Pollard stacking the box. the pistol formation that the 9ers run is based on being a physical inside running team, if you can stop that element, it's a good start to making that offense less multiple.
    Ngata's best game of the year may have been against the Redskins after he rested his injuries for a week; so I agree, he could be huge in this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    Ngata's best game of the year may have been against the Redskins after he rested his injuries for a week; so I agree, he could be huge in this game.
    He's also been a force in the play offs so far, he was awesome against the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He's also been a force in the play offs so far, he was awesome against the Broncos.
    They will have to double Ngata.. McPhee and Jones need to play strong for us...
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    really? I don't remember him having a very good game in Washington

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!