Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens looking at Dennis Dixon?

Im opposed, whatever money he's paid it'll be more then say an undrafted free agent QB who we can put on the PS. I cant see Dixon as an upgrade over Tyrod who has already been in a system for a year, meaning i dont think Dixon w/more experience is enough of a upgrade to warrant taking up another roster spot.

Ravens cant afford a high priced back up. They are going to be all in with Flacco and Rice because of the cap.

Blog Entries
    He couldnt beat out Tyrod

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I would love to see JB back in Baltimore, but that's just me. I also think Dixon would easily beat out Taylor for the backup role, and I would love to have him here, but that's just me. I just think he will want more $ than the Ravens can pay a backup QB.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Ravens looking at Dennis Dixon?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    I would love to see JB back in Baltimore, but that's just me. I also think Dixon would easily beat out Taylor for the backup role, and I would love to have him here, but that's just me. I just think he will want more $ than the Ravens can pay a backup QB.
    I agree with both your statements. (1) J. Brown could play LG this year, then slide over to Center in 2013. That could save us a draft pick in 2012 too.
    (2) Last season the Ravens went without a veteran back-up QB, so I think they might go the same route now. Yes, I can see a late round QB being drafted, but not a "high priced" vet with our salary cap situation... Bc

Blog Entries

Tyrod Taylor is a vet back up QB now. He's been with the team for a year and has worked in Cam's offense for a year. He'd have a significant leg up on Dixon anyway.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Dixon was ok with the Steelers. His biggest issue is he didn't really get enough playing time.

The Steelers naturally preferred veteran backups to Roethlisberger because they have been in a "win-now" mode. And both Batch and Leftwich outplayed Dixon when they drew in.

Dixon might be decent, but given his inexperience why not just sign someone who will cost less? Dixon isn't really suited for anything more than 3rd string at this point.

A year ago I'd have been all for Dennis Dixon coming here. Now, I'm not so sure. He's seen such limited playing time the last two years that I really wonder if the Steelers felt he just wasn't good enough for even a backup role. The Ravens may want a 3rd QB-- for preseason at least -- and there may be some benefit in having a backup QB with Dixon's experience, limited though it is. But there are probably cheaper options for that. Plus, I think Tyrod Taylor could use all the preseason snaps the Ravens can give him this year. If he doesn't get enough work and enough playing time, Tyrod himself may end up in similar position to where Dixon is now. At this point, I say let's go with the guy we drafted ourselves and see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Dixon was ok with the Steelers. His biggest issue is he didn't really get enough playing time.

The Steelers naturally preferred veteran backups to Roethlisberger because they have been in a "win-now" mode. And both Batch and Leftwich outplayed Dixon when they drew in.

Dixon might be decent, but given his inexperience why not just sign someone who will cost less? Dixon isn't really suited for anything more than 3rd string at this point.
    I sure hope this doesn't mean that the Ravens are anticipating that Joe won't get through the season injury free. They really need to beef up the O-line to protect Joe. First round Konz, second round Zeitler.Love those Badger linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd be ok with them bringing in another QB for a pre-season QB.
    I'd be happier yet with bringing in 3rd QB to add to the roster. How much longer can Flacco go without missing games due to injury? Although he would not likely be affordable, I'd rather see a guy with more experience, e.g. Garard.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Garrard signed with the Dolphins last month.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    I sure hope this doesn't mean that the Ravens are anticipating that Joe won't get through the season injury free. They really need to beef up the O-line to protect Joe. First round Konz, second round Zeitler.Love those Badger linemen.
    In my opinion they should have a veteran backup - just in case. It has paid off the the Steelers in past years. The vet backup won't win you a SB, but they could help get you 1-2 important wins in the regular season.

I really would not trust Dixon as a backup - he just hasn't played enough.