Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: NFL Owners Approve International Games

The first game in Wembley should be between New England and Seattle. I mean who could possibly resist a rematch between the Patriots and the SS?
    :)
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Just watch. The NFL will screw us.

They will have us playing Indy in Siberia coming off a short week from a Monday nighter against Pittsburgh, with an upcoming Thursday nighter against Cinci. Both on the road.

Just watch.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

how does all that benefit the average fan?
    Perhaps it doesn't, but it really benefits the international fans, of which there are many

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    Perhaps it doesn't, but it really benefits the international fans, of which there are many
    Sorry, but if international fans want to see a Baltimore Ravens game, let them fly to Baltimore.

to this idea in a big way.

Well, we better not have a Steelers, Bengals, or Browns home game moved out. What's wrong w/ continuing to give them the preseason? Hell as far as I'm concerned, they can move out both home preseason games every year & I'll keep that ransom money they make us pay every year to have season tickets. If you want to call me selfish, go ahead. I live in PA & drive to Baltimore. I have a friend who was transfered to Cleveland for 3 years, didn't give up his tickets & came back for every home game. He's been back here for a couple years. This is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, not the WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE,which they tried in 74 & failed.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I think this attitude is a little selfish. A sacrifice of a home game in 16 years (sixteen!) is nothing compared to what it will bring for the fans around the world, who have never gotten the opportunity to go see a game of a sport they like (or even love, as is my case), or especially of their team. This will bring an increase of interest in the sport worldwide, which is great
    Selfish? Well, if it seems that I'm not all broken up about how someone 5000+ miles away can't see an NFL game in person, you're right. Especially when it takes a home game away from me. And frankly, the NFL is doing pretty well already, it does nothing for me to market it to the world audience. This is about money, nothing else.

If you are that anxious to see a game, do what the UK folks did, get on a plane and expeirence a Ravens game in the way it was meant to be enjoyed - in Baltimore.

EDIT: How about what travelling around the world and playing games at 3:00AM does to the players and its affect on them the next week. I'd call it a disadvantage.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Selfish? Well, if it seems that I'm not all broken up about how someone 5000+ miles away can't see an NFL game in person, you're right. Especially when it takes a home game away from me. And frankly, the NFL is doing pretty well already, it does nothing for me to market it to the world audience. This is about money, nothing else.

If you are that anxious to see a game, do what the UK folks did, get on a plane and expeirence a Ravens game in the way it was meant to be enjoyed - in Baltimore.
    If does nothing for YOU, YOU don't care, YOU don't want a home game taken from YOU...didn't they teach you to share in kindergarten? ):

I'm just glad about this decision. Fortunately for ME and for the thousands of fans abroad, you guys aren't commissioners (:

Oh, and if it was a choice, believe me, I'd be flying to Baltimore non-stop

"As to the complaints about the PSLs: it is true that PSL owners will be denied one of 128 home games every 16 years, and there's no way that the NFL teams are going to provide a 1/128th refund. On the other hand, suppose NFL revenues increase by 10-20% for world-wide broadcasting rights? Everything else being equal, ticket price increases could be mitigated."

Come on Mista T, they're not going to mitigate ticket prices, they'll figure out a way to charge us the same amount that year we miss a game. They're not going to give revenue back because they are nice guys or care about the fans, they don't. They only care how deep they can line their own pockets. They think of ways to suck even more of your money out of your wallet.

My season ticket price has increased from $35 per ticket in 96 to $50 per ticket today, an increase of over 43% in 11 years.

I am selfish, I am a BALTIMORE RAVEN fan & I expect my team to play all regular season games in Baltimore. Does anyone know what the Ravens lease says? I am sure a lot of these teams leases state they have to play all regular season games at the specific stadium that was built for them by the taxpayers.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

My season ticket price has increased from $35 per ticket in 96 to $50 per ticket today, an increase of over 43% in 11 years.
    What was your home worth then and what is it worth now? How much has gas gone up?

On that lease thing, you might have something there. Especially where PSLs are involved.

10. Re: NFL Owners Approve International Games

A few Comments:

British food....why did all my meals come with peas, and whats up with your bacon over there??? looks like ham....haha

NFL playing a game over seas---why not continue with the preseason games overseas???? the fans of the world get to see the game live, still can experiece nfl live action, the fans wont miss missing a home preseason game?? its not like the NFL can feasibly bring in a few teams from around the world to join the nfl.

Losing one home game---means alot when there is only 8 of them...its not like baseball where you get 81 and missing one wouldnt matter.

I do like the idea of seeing the ravens in wembley.....but rio or mexico city? no thanks...
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    A few Comments:

British food....why did all my meals come with peas, and whats up with your bacon over there??? looks like ham....haha

NFL playing a game over seas---why not continue with the preseason games overseas???? the fans of the world get to see the game live, still can experiece nfl live action, the fans wont miss missing a home preseason game?? its not like the NFL can feasibly bring in a few teams from around the world to join the nfl.

Losing one home game---means alot when there is only 8 of them...its not like baseball where you get 81 and missing one wouldnt matter.

I do like the idea of seeing the ravens in wembley.....but rio or mexico city? no thanks...
    I'd expect that an eastern seaboard team like the Ravens etc. would get their home games shipped to London (*prays/barracks the NFL offices in London if not) or Germany depending on which yearly rotation the Ravens lose their home game on, rather than Canada or Mexico. Also my understanding is that the four countries in the dual rotations are Mexico/Canada and England/Germany, I haven't read anything anywhere that any other countries will be included in the rotation, this makes sense to me as they've been doing a lot of research into suitable stadia and have found only two suitable in England and not too many in Germany either, not sure they'd risk it by going to other countries like France or Italy where the majority of the attendance would be made up by Brits and Germans travelling in for the game.

P.S. With regards the bacon, I'll take my British bacon, the only stuff I had in Baltimore this September was horrendously salty for my taste

Wink Re: NFL Owners Approve International Games

T, why is it a good idea and an excellent scheduling plan? Aside from the fact that you might now have a reason to schedule trips to Munich and London, and that the league might take in some extra revenue, how does all that benefit the average fan? I agree that a road trip to Europe would be cool, but the average fan is not going to fly overseas for that game.
    It's an excellent scheduling plan because each NFL team has to give up only one out of 128 home games every 16 years, gets a bye the week afterwards, etc.

It's a good idea because it spreads NFL football around the globe, and may bring in sufficient additional TV revenue that the escalation of NFL stadium ticket prices may be retarded.

As to the average fan: let's define the average fan. Exclude the couch potatoes, because they are not impacted by all this, i.e. a TV game = a TV game, regardless of locale. I see the "average fan" as one who is paying about $75 per seat, takes his wife and two kids to the game to total $300, pays $35 to park, spends about $50 on concessions. This guy can afford a trip to London or Munich, with Fall air fares in the range of $300-$400to Mexico and certainly Canada are cheaper yet. Also remember he's not spending near $400 for the game that was moved overseas.

Ravens fans travel well. I would not be surprised to see 3,000 to 5,000 making the trip to a good destination.

I've been looking for an excuse to go back to Britain or Germany for many years now. Fall is the best time to travel there. I would be psyched to see the Ravens chosen to play next year.

:T2:

btw: if you think English food is bland, have you ever had a meal in Scotland or Ireland?