Trade question- Poll

Ok, I am a commish in a league that allows owners to veto trades. This week a trade was vetoed and an owner involved is totally pissed. Let me know what you think

Team A gets Chris Henry

Team B get Jamal Lewis

Re: Trade question- Poll

Quote Originally Posted by EAP52 View Post
    Ok, I am a commish in a league that allows owners to veto trades. This week a trade was vetoed and an owner involved is totally pissed. Let me know what you think

Team A gets Chris Henry

Team B get Jamal Lewis
    I don't know why they would veto that trade. Jama although spotty lately is still as productive as a #2/#3 WR.

The veto is probably there so if Team A has no hope of winning decides to "sell" a good player on his team to Team B, who is in contention for a player that is of no use to the Team B.

In this case both players seem to be of equal value. Is one of the teams involved out of contention, while the other is at the top of the board?
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that

A few more questions. Is this a keeper league, or strictly for this season? Which player is going to the better team? Are both teams trading from depth, or is one giving up something he really needs for no apparent reason? Does one player fill a glaring hole in a team?

And why would anyone want Jamal at this point?

The easy answer is, if you set up rules whereby owners can veto trades based on a certain number of votes, then you should just point to the rule and say that's why it's in place. Tell the owner to renegotiate and try again. Alternately, you can let him talk to the owners who vetoed it, or if it's an anonymous process, you can have him post his feelings on the message board, and encourage the other trade participant to do the same. Then let them attempt the same trade a second time. If it still doesn't go through, there's your answer.

If you feel like the trade is fair but owners are vetoing to try to gain a competitive advantage on the trade participants, then you can look at amending the law, either by increasing the number of owners needed to carry a veto or removing the option entirely and allowing owners to petition you for a veto when called for. However, neither of these options should be enforced this season. There are few things worse than a commissioner changing the rules of the league during the season.