Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Chris Simms Released

I'm worried abotu the number two...

I didnt think he was good enough ebfore he got sick and lost 13 pounds.
    I don't liek the idea of having NO QB's on the roster with starting experience to write about.
    I'm not even sure he will be ready to play until week 4 or so, so rightg now we have 0 backups at QB. If Flacco gets hurt vs Cinci, Mark CLayton will be behind center.

My previous thoughts aside, I would MUCH prefer Simms over Culpepper.

Simms = gutsy
    Culpepper = head case

Wink Re: Chris Simms Released

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    T, what indication do you have that Smith would be IR'd? Boller I'm expecting, but Smith has to be recovered at least by week 2 wouldn't you think?

Simms wouldn't be a good fit unless we are worried about the #2 or #1 spot. If Troy Smith is coming back soon then we don't need Simms and he wouldn't come here as a #3.
    From what I have been able to ascertain from discussing with a relative doctor and neighbor nurse about adult tonsil infections, they can be very serious -- could require a couple months to recuperate. Since the Ravens are being coy about the extent of Boller's and Smith's conditions, we can't do anything but speculate. Also keeping in mind that many of the Ravens injury scenarios for the past couple years turned out to be more serious (more games lost) than originally estimated.

If Smith is indeed out for 6 to 8 weeks instead of one or two, the need is for a #2 -- Bramlet on the taxi squad would be insufficient.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Yes...get him.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Chris Simms would be a great pick up at this point considering the untimely injuries and illnesses of our QBs. I don't think however, he would replace Joe Flacco as the starter, unless Joe Flacco really shows that he is not ready to lead the team.

Not entirely sure it means anything but Roch on the MASN blog said he was on his way here to meet with the Ravens

http://masnsports.com/2008/09/small-world.html

Blog Entries

the only bad thing I see with Simms is we're probably bidding for his services. Everyone knows, if there's a bidding war, we set a price ceiling and jump out when it reaches that ceiling.

But, you figure Culpepper does not have a bidding war going on, so he could be an "insurance" pickup. I imagine Simms might be more wary of coming here though, since it's apparent Flacco is the future, he's just keeping the spot warm for him. Though if his offers are pretty slim pickings, Ravens would be a good option since he could start this season, improve his stock, and get a better deal when Flacco takes the reins. I think if he comes in, he starts once he digests the playbook well enough, with the only caveat being if Flacco plays and lights it up early.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

WNST is reporting by way of MASN that Simms is in Baltimore meeting with Ravens staff.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Awesome news

I think he will be a perfect fit.

Roch also confirmed :

http://masnsports.com/2008/09/the-qu...as-landed.html

It is good news.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Chris Simms would be a good addition. Gotta be concerned though about his recovery from the serious illness. He could get knocked out again.

I also like the idea of McNair. The guy has shown skills that are undeniable even though it depends on which week you are speaking.

The point is that BALTIMORE NEEDS A QUARTERBACK!!! I hope we get one. I dont want to see what happened several years ago in starting Boller with no experience, all over again.

Good to be back. Its foozball season guys & gals....