Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early want list

Re: Early want list

I like the idea of drafing Kalil at Center or a RB w/ our 1st round pick. If we go w/ a defensive player again I might have a heart attack. Ngata was a good pick...but the offense still needs some work.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I like the idea of drafing Kalil at Center or a RB w/ our 1st round pick. If we go w/ a defensive player again I might have a heart attack. Ngata was a good pick...but the offense still needs some work.

FM
    Why do we need a 4th center that is likely to be on the roster during the season? I understand it's nice to have versatility and Brown and Flynn are both probably better at Guard, and we haven't seen enough of Chester at C yet, but what we need from our next interior lineman prospect is a BIG bruising RG.

So my early want list?
    1. Cut ties with Jamal, Musa, Vincent
    2. Tag and Trade AD to SF for a high second, despite a low first being offerred by other teams, NE who BTW has 2. I'd love to keep him, I jsut don't see it working out.
    3. Either let JO retire or have him restructure to free up space.
    4. Re-sign Suggs to 5 yr deal.
    5. Re-sign Pashos, Mughelli,Stover and Jarret Johnson to 3 year deals.

Draft
    From this list get a G, a LB and a RB in the first 2 rds.
    Blaylock, Grubbs, Beekman, Willis or Polsuzny, Bush, Pittman, and throw Josh Wilson in there and then get Booker in the third.

Offer AD 10 million signing bonus for 4 years, with a base of maybe 3-4 million. If he takes it great, if not SeeYa. I love AD as a player and person but I don't think we can really afford much more than that and improve our running game enough.

Draft :

Joe Staley - OT/OG Central Michigan

The more I read about this kid the more I like him. He seems like the prototypical lineman of the future.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    That suggestion really brightened my day. Although, frankly, I'd rather see an open competition involving Boller and Carr this summer!
    Couldn't agree more. Carr has a great toolset and could be very good with a decent line to protect him.

I have also heard that the Browns are working a deal for him, so we may get to see what he has next year one way or another.