Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Kinda like they would never fire and Offensive Cordinator this late in the season???

Or the first team in history to dump a QB that just won a Superbowl???

Or maybe Brian Billick when he was released and that was an overnight decision???

Ya ok...
    I would say this man has a point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I would say this man has a point.
    Doesn't matter, ASB HAS to protect the shield, no matter how obvious the gut feeling is ;)

Big difference between Billick and Harbaugh. Bisciotti didn't hire Billick. He never went through the vetting process so who knows if there weren't some personal reasons for getting rid of Billick besides his lack luster performance. Maybe he didn't like Billick's hats, or his faux mensan vocabulary.

We know Bisciotti is comfortable with John Harbaugh. He brought John into the fold. So getting rid of John would be going against his own judgement, and be admitting he made a grave hiring error. Barring multiple losing seasons and the players quitting on John I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Big difference between Billick and Harbaugh. Bisciotti didn't hire Billick. He never went through the vetting process so who knows if there weren't some personal reasons for getting rid of Billick besides his lack luster performance. Maybe he didn't like Billick's hats, or his faux mensan vocabulary.

We know Bisciotti is comfortable with John Harbaugh. He brought John into the fold. So getting rid of John would be going against his own judgement, and be admitting he made a grave hiring error. Barring multiple losing seasons and the players quitting on John I just don't see it happening.
    Billionaires dont become billionaires by not taking risks. Hiring a ST coach with no HC experience was a HUGE risk, drafting a non BCS QB in the first rounds was a HUGE risk. I am not surprised by anything Steve does. He is a forward thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You are the king of unsubstantiated, baseless rumors with nothing to back them up.

Bisciotti has made it clear that his goal is to build a consistent contender and get rid of that "closing SuperBowl window" mentality. Harbs has done that. He's doing it this season despite a huge rash of injuries.

No coach in NFL history has started his career with five straight playoff appearances with qt least one win each year. Firing John would fly in the face of Steve's stated goals, and his style.

I think this Harbaugh hot seat talk is nothing but wishful thinking from his growing band of low football iq haters.
    Agreed ... except for the last sentence.

Blog Entries

If John Harbaugh is on the hot seat, one would have to consider who his replacement would be.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Oh boy lol. Here we go...

G3
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Do it, Ex. Start that new thread :D
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Doesn't matter, ASB HAS to protect the shield, no matter how obvious the gut feeling is ;)
    Maybe we should start a 50-50: Guess ASB's extension number at The Castle. Proceeds to charity. You figure anyone shilling that loud & that often for every single move the franchise makes has to be cashing a check with Biscuit's signature. (How much more pathetic would it be if s/he/it was doing it for free?)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Kinda like they would never fire and Offensive Cordinator this late in the season???

Or the first team in history to dump a QB that just won a Superbowl???

Or maybe Brian Billick when he was released and that was an overnight decision???

Ya ok...
    Except they have fired an offensive coordinator at midseason before so anyone who said they NEVER would was clearly wrong. Biscuit isn't the one who dumped Trent, that was the GM and head coach. And Billick wasn't let go until he had multiple years of up and down seasons, followed by an epic 5-11 meltdown in which he lost the team. There is zero comparison to that season and this one in which we will are almost mathematically guaranteed to win our division for the second straight year.

But no Silver's probably right, I'm just defending the shield... No way any of those statements solidly rebut your ill thought out and logically inconsistent point.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Maybe we should start a 50-50: Guess ASB's extension number at The Castle. Proceeds to charity. You figure anyone shilling that loud & that often for every single move the franchise makes has to be cashing a check with Biscuit's signature. (How much more pathetic would it be if s/he/it was doing it for free?)
    Yea, there's no fucking way I might just trust a franchise that has made the playoffs every year since they brought in this coach. I must work for them, Because only an idiot would support the decisions that one of the most successful franchises in sports makes.

Ya know, except all those times I agreed that Harbs should have fired Cam, or that we over paid for Anquan, or that constantly moving Oher back and forth was hurting his development, or any number of other times when I have criticized the team. I guess because I'm not a bitter dick who demands everyone get fired twice a week or who posts pictures of the coach I'm supposed to be rooting for saying that he sucks, I must be living in a world of sunshine and unicorn shit huh?

Fucks sake. We are a massively successful franchise. No one has the made the playoffs more than us since John took over. But I should be pissed about that because bad luck ended our runs early? No, I'm encouraged by that because it shows that we don't suffer from the playoff loss hangovers that Billick always did. I think Harbs is destined to win it all for us because he keeps putting us in position to do so.
    Last edited by ActualSpamBot; 12-11-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Someone must have peed in someones Corn Flakes this morning. Good Lord.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN