Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So sad that this is how his life has turned out

His kickoff return in the SuperBowl is still one of my favorite Ravens plays of all time.

According to the police report, the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration suspended Lewis' license on Nov. 21, 2007, after Lewis failed to appear at a hearing. The MVA revoked his license on Sept. 30, 2008, for point system violations.

Lewis is stated in the police report as saying, "You know I don't have a license, officer." In the police report, Lewis said he was driving because his wife was in jail, and he was going to get food for his son and something to heat his home. The officer said he saw Lewis' 4-year-old son in the front seat wearing no seat belt and not restrained in a child safety seat.

The officer arrested Lewis and issued him citations on charges of driving while suspended, driving while revoked and failure to secure a child under the age of 8 in a child safety seat. Lewis' son was released to his grandfather.

Lewis was being held on $50,000 bail.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/sports/3047809...#ixzz1me3tqE9q

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Re: So sad that this is how his life has turned out

It is sad.

So much waste there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

My buddy is a cop for the county and said the city cops basically mark his car knowing hell likely be doing something wrong, so he should have known better. Hes never been right since his son passed away and you can clearly tell how tortured he is with himself. Its a sad story for sure. hopefully one of these days he gets the help he needs.
    -JAB

When I lived in Manhattan a bartender at one of my favorite neighborhood bars claimed to be his cousin. (He knew I was a Ravens fan)

He would talk about how the baby's death destroyed him mentally. Although I don't remember details as it was 3 years ago..I remember feeling so sorry for him.

I do hope he gets help. :(

Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

failure to secure a child under the age of 8 in a child safety seat

For real? That's the law, now? Children under EIGHT have to be in a safety seat? Not having the kid wear a seat belt, I can understand that being a broken law, but a safety seat? Granted this kid is four, pretty well under eight, but when I was 7 years old, I wasn't going anywhere near a car seat, those things were for babies. I haven't had to ride in a car seat since I was like 2 at the oldest. I have vivid memories of my 3-year old pre-school days, being driven to and from school, and I was NOT in a car seat then.

Yeah it passed in 08 (the day my 2nd son was born)

8 years old, unless you are over 4'9 or more than 65lbs.

I didn't stop using a booster on my oldest until he was 9 (he's very small for his age) He luckily never complained..

But I was the same way, at 4-5 I would have been laying in the trunk of my Mom's Chevy Monza. Times sure have changed. I couldn't imagine the youngest two (2 1/2, & 3 1/2) not being in a car seat, let alone no seatbelt, or in the front seat.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    failure to secure a child under the age of 8 in a child safety seat

For real? That's the law, now? Children under EIGHT have to be in a safety seat?
    I don't want to get too far off track here... but yes. I think in reality, it has more to do with weight and height. But, EVERYONE is safer in a safety seat with a 5pt harness and protection from side impact. That is why race car drivers seats or fighter pilot cockpit seats look more like a new child safety seat than a car seat. If they were standard I'd sit in one too.. lol.

Times are changing. I think my kid may go to prom in a car seat.... ;). Our car seats go up to 120lbs. I weighed 120lbs when I wrestled in college. hahaha...

Blog Entries

There but for the grace of god go I....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hes never been right since his son passed away and you can clearly tell how tortured he is with himself.
    Yeah. I can relate to that, but you have to move on. I hope he gets his life back on track.

Blog Entries

Sorry, no empathy here. There are tens of thousands that endure far worse yesterday, today, and tomorrow that aren't that stupid. Stupid. Period.

Sure he had a day in the sun, one of the greatest moments a human will ever experience on this planet. What this boils down to is strength of character. Some people rise above the blows that have been dealt them in life and others succumb to it. He falls in the latter category.

You only have one life on this planet, do the most with it.

Lewis said he was driving because his wife was in jail,
    Uhhhh, well damn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Sorry, no empathy here. There are tens of thousands that endure far worse yesterday, today, and tomorrow that aren't that stupid. Stupid. Period.

Sure he had a day in the sun, one of the greatest moments a human will ever experience on this planet. What this boils down to is strength of character. Some people rise above the blows that have been dealt them in life and others succumb to it. He falls in the latter category.

You only have one life on this planet, do the most with it.
    The guy is guilty of driving without a license, under circumstances where he had no choice.

His 4 year old son wasn't in a car seat. That is a mistake.

But all this bullshit "no empathy here" and calling him weak and should totally be over his son dying on arrival because other people have suffered worse... is just reproachable.

And.. really???? "one of the greatest moments a human will ever experience on this planet."

Are you KIDDING me with that statement? That is the biggest hyperbole I have ever seen in my life.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are pro-choice.