Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

Mike Florio is an admitted Steeler fan, and perhaps because of that many Ravens fans seem to think he is biased against Baltimore.

Here's his assessment of the team heading into training camp. Pretty upbeat if you ask me...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...timore-ravens/

Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

Looks like packfntk already raided the comments section in our defense.

Blog Entries

Florio is an admitted Steelers fan? Hmm, I've never seen that before.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The comments are more of the usual crap we've been hearing all offseason. "Gutted defense, Boldin gone meaning Flacco will suck, etc." I can't wait until the games start. Talk is cheap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Mike Florio is an admitted Steeler fan, and perhaps because of that many Ravens fans seem to think he is biased against Baltimore.

Here's his assessment of the team heading into training camp. Pretty upbeat if you ask me...

According to wikipedia Florio is a Vikings fan.

Mike Florio Main contributor Aside from his work on the website and appearances during halftime of Notre Dame games on NBC with Peter King, Florio works as a lawyer. He resides in West Virginia. Before creating the site, Florio worked at ESPN.com for a week. Florio is a lifelong fan of the Minnesota Vikings.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profootballtalk.com

Blah, blah blah. Is it September yet? Or, at least Aug 8th. This is the summer that won't end.

Blog Entries

Here's the tie together on the Vikings/Steelers stuff...

Florio, 44, an erstwhile Vikings fan living in Steelers country, began his blog in 2001 as a sideline to his law practice.
    From http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sp...orio.html?_r=0
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Funny how Flacco's demise is directly tied to Boldin. As one poster on PFT put it...

barbasol11111111 says:Jul 23, 2013 3:04 PM

For the record, Boldin is not some Calvin Johnson-esque guy who will catch anything you throw remotely near him.

He’s a tough, great WR, but the QB must throw him open. He had a lot of problems with press/man coverage and would disappear for long stretches.

He led the Ravens in receptions the same way Derick Mason would, completely unspectacular.

The guy is great and was especially awesome in the playoffs, but Flacco has as much to do with his playoff success as he does. You need a lot of touch and accuracy to put it somewhere to allow him to separate and find the ball.

Hoping Doss can prove to be a good #2/possession receiver, Smith can improve, Jones can stay in the slot, Pitta/Dickson can add versatility, and the unproven/inexperienced guys with crazy measurables (Thompson/Streeter) turn out to be more than just workout freaks.

Cheers.
    I didn't have to say it twice for myself. Well put IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    The comments are more of the usual crap we've been hearing all offseason. "Gutted defense, Boldin gone meaning Flacco will suck, etc." I can't wait until the games start. Talk is cheap.
    I second this way of thinking. While I do wear the purple glasses, I cannot see any other AFC team beating us out. Of all the guys we lost, most were beyond their prime. Ozzie has done an outstanding job of adding/replacing positions with talented FAs and draftees.
    Even a blind man could see the Ravens are Super Bowl contenders in 2013... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

Florio is a lifelong Vikings fan, FWIW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ozzie has done an outstanding job of adding/replacing positions with talented FAs and draftees.
    Here's the thing that impresses me: This team is deep at nearly every position.
    Even a blind man could see the Ravens are Super Bowl contenders in 2013... Bc
    None so blind etc.....

The great wild card in any season is injuries. But find me the irreplaceable player (other than Joe Cool). Suggs or Doom? Upshaw/Simon/Hamilton. Ngata? Williams/Canty/Spears/Jones. Webb? Jimmy/Graham/Chykie etc. Rice? Pierce. Pitta? Dickson/Juszczyk/Furstenburg (who I expect to have a big camp). McKinnie? The Oher shuffle, part deux. Yeah, we're thin at WR and ILB but I expect the young guys to step up & step in.

Folks who agonized thru 2001-2 still bemoan the injury to JaLew (& to Searcy as well) but we tend to forget that even with the Bum Of The Month club at RB that team made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The scary part (for the rest of the league ;) ) is that the new guys are only going to get better as the season wears on--Doom/Huff/DSmith/Canty/Spears harmonizing with their peers, Elam/ABrown/BWilliams/Simon/etc. acclimatizing to the pro game. And the young WRs will get plenty of game experience. Even if there are a couple of early stumbles--even if the team is 3-3 rolling into Condiment Colosseum in week 7 (& FTR IMHO they will be better than that)--they will (barring a raft of injuries) be right there at season's end--& primed for another deep playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Looks like packfntk already raided the comments section in our defense.

HAHA, you are welcome. But I hate it when preseason power rankings come out, and they don't have the SB Champs #1. It is ridiculous. Granted, these are always fun to look at, and I enjoy reading and debating them, so that is my point on that. I guess Florio did his job.

And Florio is a Viking fan, HATES the Packers....... DICK.