Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Obama at Mandela's Funeral

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ers/?hpt=hp_c2

While I think this is really dumb...it is actually kind of humerous to me.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Obama at Mandela's Funeral

I would have photo bombed the fuck out of that pic.

He is a tasteless, classless buffoon that continues to embarrass our once great nation with his every action.. but what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He is a tasteless, classless buffoon that continues to embarrass our once great nation with his every action.. but what else is new?
    Tell us how you really feel lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Tell us how you really feel lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I will say, I don't know the context of him carrying on with other folks, but seems to me that a nice amount of military bearing would have been more appropriate at an international funeral for such a renown and heralded individual.

Did you guys notice Michelle Obama in those photos? Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

people that already "hate" him blowing it way out of proportion, imo. a simple photo shouldnt cause such issue, especially when considering other world leaders are in the photo with him. Why the "selfie" (which when theres 2 other people in the photo, its not a "selfie" right?) seems to be making news headlines is pretty prime example of how pathetic our media is to drum up controversy where there isnt any for ratings/hits.

I think the photographer nailed it with his quote, "They were just acting like human beings....It makes me a little sad were so obsessed with day-to-day trivialities, instead of things of more importance."
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    people that already "hate" him blowing it way out of proportion, imo. a simple photo shouldnt cause such issue, especially when considering other world leaders are in the photo with him. Why the "selfie" (which when theres 2 other people in the photo, its not a "selfie" right?) seems to be making news headlines is pretty prime example of how pathetic our media is to drum up controversy where there isnt any for ratings/hits.

I think the photographer nailed it with his quote, "They were just acting like human beings....It makes me a little sad were so obsessed with day-to-day trivialities, instead of things of more importance."

I think the problem lies in the fact that he is arguably the most visible human being in the world. As the President of an entire country, I would have rather seen him exhibit a more stoic presence while at the funeral and have fun with his pals after the fact.

He represents a country that already has a serious image problem. The rest of the world thinks the US takes very little seriously. Things like this just make their point for them.

Call me old fashioned, but if there were three cats sitting in my fathers memorial service taking selfies of themselves, I'd be a bit perplexed.

There's a time and a place for everything.

A memorial service, especially one for one of the most important men to ever live, is not the best time to do a selfie. It's a lack of respect and tact. Save it for the wake.

I don't think there's any "hate", especially since plenty of people on the left are also saying that this wasn't the most tasteful thing he's ever done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the problem lies in the fact that he is arguably the most visible human being in the world. As the President of an entire country, I would have rather seen him exhibit a more stoic presence while at the funeral and have fun with his pals after the fact.

He represents a country that already has a serious image problem. The rest of the world thinks the US takes very little seriously. Things like this just make their point for them.
    If you want a robot for President thats fine but personally I dont have a problem with a personable President. I dont believe he was the only one using this event to "network" and try to build relations. Taking photos with other world leaders while celebrating the life of Mandela is not something I find remotely offensive or any way negative to our world view. Wire tapping those leaders is much more damning and he actually took steps in mending those relationships which I think should be the bigger story, but isnt because people are fixating on something trivial than something meaningful. Keep in mind it wasnt the Mandela Funeral, it was the Mandela Memorial, which may be little, but celebrating life vs mourning death is too entirely different things, imo. knowing what the man stood for, taking photos and bringing people together i think is the last thing that would be insulting.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but if there were three cats sitting in my fathers memorial service taking selfies of themselves, I'd be a bit perplexed.

There's a time and a place for everything.

A memorial service, especially one for one of the most important men to ever live, is not the best time to do a selfie. It's a lack of respect and tact. Save it for the wake.

I don't think there's any "hate", especially since plenty of people on the left are also saying that this wasn't the most tasteful thing he's ever done.
    can we agree that Mandelas memorial wasnt the norm? A big difference between a cultural icon massing 90k to celebrate what he stood for than 3 people standing out of 30 or so close family members/friends back here doing the same. I dont see it as an intimate moment. it really came off as more of a celebration to me, which a picture doesnt effect that at all.
    -JAB

can we agree that Mandelas memorial wasnt the norm? A big difference between a cultural icon massing 90k to celebrate what he stood for than 3 people standing out of 30 or so close family members/friends back here doing the same. I dont see it as an intimate moment. it really came off as more of a celebration to me, which a picture doesnt effect that at all.
    It was still a memorial service in the end.

I watched it and besides peoples words being cheered, it was just like every other memorial service I've seen on TV -- restrained and respectful.

And three of the worlds leaders (and I am putting Dubya in this category too) don't need to be taking selfies in the middle of it all.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. It simply reaffirms my belief that all politicians, left or right, believe themselves to be above everyone else.