Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    who cares about if i spelled his name right. you knew who i was talking about. And if you read my post i also made up a word called escapibility. knock me for that too
    You could have just used the term elusiveness or evasiveness, but whatever.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Wilson reminds me of Tony Pike the Cincinnati QB who was drafted by the Panthers. Both were effective game managers who really aren't overly impressive to watch. Matt Flynn was also the same way but he grew his game far beyond that in the NFL. Will Wilson do the same or will he be out of the league in a year like Pike?

I seem to recall a friendly suggestion to the OP many months ago that stepping up his game in terms of facts and better grammar, spelling, etc would serve him well around here.

He mocked me saying it's all good.

Go figure ....

4. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You could have just used the term elusiveness or evasiveness, but whatever.
    thanks for proven my point. words are made up. I guess English is the name of a man who makes up words for us to say. And gets people like you to correct whoever does not talk like him.

Blog Entries

Furthermore, the Ravens are not interested in any QB's at all.

They're negotiating with Flacco right now for an extension. He's going to be the starting QB in Baltimore for at least 5-7 more years. Probably more. They obviously felt good enough with their QB situation last year to only carry two and one of them was a late round rookie, Tyrod Taylor, who brings a majority of the skill set that Russell Wilson brings to the table, but Taylor is also 6'1" and runs a lot better than Wilson does. He's more fluid.

6. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I seem to recall a friendly suggestion to the OP many months ago that stepping up his game in terms of facts and better grammar, spelling, etc would serve him well around here.

He mocked me saying it's all good.

Go figure ....
    im glad you remember me houston. god bless

Blog Entries

Im sorry that i think outside the box unlike most people. I know football and i know Wilson is about to be the next big star when he is given the chance.
    I like Wilson, I routed for him. If any one I'd compare him to Drew Brees. However the main difference, to me, Brees has a MUCH quicker delivery.

The last thing you want as a short QB who is already at a disadvantage seeing open guys is to take a long time to wind up and deliver the ball.

He'll be a decent back up and may have the potential to start, but I gotta disagree STRONGLY he's anything under a 4th - 5th rounder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wilson reminds me of Tony Pike the Cincinnati QB who was drafted by the Panthers. Both were effective game managers who really aren't overly impressive to watch. Matt Flynn was also the same way but he grew his game far beyond that in the NFL. Will Wilson do the same or will he be out of the league in a year like Pike?
    Pike was also 6'6", haha.

Honestly, Wilson has a decent arm on him and he's got big hands & a high release, which bode well for him. I just don't think he's going to have the opportunity because no coach or GM is going to look at him as anything more than a back up. If he was a legit 6' (Brees is 6' and change) then I could see a coach being able to look past the height disadvantage, but he's under 5'11". That alone is going to make it extremely difficult for him to overcome and I doubt he does.

Other than Doug Flutie, what sub-6' quarterback has ever had any amount of legitimate success in the past 20 years? There are plenty of guys in college that can throw the ball well and are under 6' or right at 6' and it's very difficult for them to break that barrier. Case Keenum is another QB right now coming out of Houston and he is right at 6' and is just a pure passer, but Houston's offense was designed for a QB to throw the ball 50+ times a game and didn't need a guy to be a prototypical NFL passer.

Blog Entries

thanks for proven my point. words are made up. I guess English is the name of a man who makes up words for us to say. And gets people like you to correct whoever does not talk like him.
    Except evasiveness and elusiveness are actual words...

Well, this thread certainly is going nowhere ....

Filed.

Blog Entries

Other than Doug Flutie, what sub-6' quarterback has ever had any amount of legitimate success in the past 20 years? There are plenty of guys in college that can throw the ball well and are under 6' or right at 6' and it's very difficult for them to break that barrier. Case Keenum is another QB right now coming out of Houston and he is right at 6' and is just a pure passer, but Houston's offense was designed for a QB to throw the ball 50+ times a game and didn't need a guy to be a prototypical NFL passer.
    Flutie, imo, stands as an example that the prejudices of GM's and NFL coaches don't always work out. He was too short to be a QB in their estimation, so he bounced around the league. That he won football games and was very effective everywhere he went seems to have played second fiddle to his height.

I care more about whether or not a player can play the game than his physical attributes. If Wilson is available in a late round, I could see Ozzie grabbing him to compete with Taylor for the back-up spot. If he ends up pushing Flacco for the starter's role, that's a bonus.

I agree with the sentiment that using a first round pick on a guy who is probably going to be available in the later rounds is foolish. That's true even if you think you're looking at the next Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, or Dan Marino (guys that retired at the top, statistically, at their position).

Blog Entries

Except evasiveness and elusiveness are actual words...
    `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.