Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Art Modell Chant

We need a simple and effective chant to jump start enthusiasm to get Art in the Hall of Fame ....

It needs to be something very simple and at a time when the TV cameras are live on the game.

Any thoughts on what to say and when??? I have a friend that can make signs similar to the "Free the Birds" signs. I am sure he cant put whatever slogan we come up with on themas well as instructions as to when to say it.

Re: Art Modell Chant

How about a simple "PUT ART IN THE HALL!"

or

"PUT ART IN THE HOF!"
    Last edited by flraven; 11-13-2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added stuff
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    How about a simple "PUT ART IN THE HALL!"

or

"PUT ART IN THE HOF!"
    I like it! But I'd drop "put" to keep it simple .... "ART IN THE HALL! ART IN THE HALL!"

But when is the bigger problem I think.

I have suggested for the last couple of weeks to have Raven fans at their tailgate have signs up. I am this week making a professional sign that will be worn on the front of my beads to get the attention of as many press people as possible. The real key that Raven fans have to do is e-mail members of the Selection Committee. They are the ones that send in the names. The mail person is the member in the Cleveland area.

To find their names type in NFL Hall Of Fame selection commitee that should give you the information needed. Just shouting out at a home game won't be enough. The reason some Raven fans don't even think Art Modell should be in the Hall Of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    I have suggested for the last couple of weeks to have Raven fans at their tailgate have signs up. I am this week making a professional sign that will be worn on the front of my beads to get the attention of as many press people as possible. The real key that Raven fans have to do is e-mail members of the Selection Committee. They are the ones that send in the names. The mail person is the member in the Cleveland area.

To find their names type in NFL Hall Of Fame selection commitee that should give you the information needed. Just shouting out at a home game won't be enough. The reason some Raven fans don't even think Art Modell should be in the Hall Of Fame.

Agreed. I understand the selection process and fans should certainly email the selection committee.

I am more speaking to getting a grass roots thing started as well. If we can get publicity for this (similar to the Free the Birds campaign), it puts that much more pressure on the pinheads who've been voting against him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed. I understand the selection process and fans should certainly email the selection committee.

I am more speaking to getting a grass roots thing started as well. If we can get publicity for this (similar to the Free the Birds campaign), it puts that much more pressure on the pinheads who've been voting against him.
    HEY ANYTHING the FANS WANT TO DO I'M THERE. I'VE HAD IT ON MY WEB SITE FOR OVER A YEAR. We to put 100% pressureon the selection committee. I've been working on this for the last couple of years to get Art Modell.

Don't worry I'll be there.

Art truly deserves this

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    HEY ANYTHING the FANS WANT TO DO I'M THERE. I'VE HAD IT ON MY WEB SITE FOR OVER A YEAR. We to put 100% pressureon the selection committee. I've been working on this for the last couple of years to get Art Modell.

Don't worry I'll be there.

Awesome! Shoot me your email when you get a chance. I have a web guy willing to get a web site up promoting Art in the Hall as well.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Art needs to go in while he still walks this earth not posthumously.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Did Art vote for or against Baltimore expansion?

against.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Arrrrrrrrrrty, Arrrrrrrrrrty, Arrrrrrrrrrty,

HALL OF FAME!!

Arrrrrrrrrrty, Arrrrrrrrrrty, Arrrrrrrrrrty,

HALL OF FAME!!