Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    see what happens when Flacco uses all the cap money on his new contract?
    Clever...;)
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Chalk me up as someone who would be ok with them kicking the tires on Russell. I realize it is a rumor and not true, but if they did I would be ok with it.

The fact of the matter is that Tyrod is athletic as hell, but isn't a very good passer. Especially from the pocket. Caleb Hanie is really not very good and he has a weak arm.

A motivated Russell could (key word here..."could") be better than Tyrod or Hanie. He has a blue chip arm. He just didn't take it seriously in Oakland at all. I'm not even going to lay this on Oakland's feet, his flameout was all Jamarcus Russell. Still, if he is serious, he has talent and he's still young. Let him come in, earn it, impress some folks, and we may be able to ship him off for a draft pick next year to a potential QB-needy team (Jacksonville, Arizona, Chicago, San Diego, Cleveland, etc).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Just say no to Purple Drank

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I can't see that happening. They signed McKinnie, drafted Jensen and Wagner, and still have Oher, Osemele, Reid and Yanda on the roster. What would they need another big lineman for anyway?
    Exactly. The dude ballooned to 300+ pounds at one point. No thanks!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I've been uneasy about the back up QB position since Bulger left.TT has some skills, but he has yet to show that he can be called upon to sit in the pocket and pick apart an opposing D should the situation call for it.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to explore all options.

Late Aprils fool joke? Those media guys will do anything to get their article talked about. Bet Harbaugh is laughing his ass off over this report.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Chalk me up as someone who would be ok with them kicking the tires on Russell. I realize it is a rumor and not true, but if they did I would be ok with it.

The fact of the matter is that Tyrod is athletic as hell, but isn't a very good passer. Especially from the pocket. Caleb Hanie is really not very good and he has a weak arm.

A motivated Russell could (key word here..."could") be better than Tyrod or Hanie. He has a blue chip arm. He just didn't take it seriously in Oakland at all. I'm not even going to lay this on Oakland's feet, his flameout was all Jamarcus Russell. Still, if he is serious, he has talent and he's still young. Let him come in, earn it, impress some folks, and we may be able to ship him off for a draft pick next year to a potential QB-needy team (Jacksonville, Arizona, Chicago, San Diego, Cleveland, etc).
    Im with you. Id be fine with it. He has a youtube series following his comeback that i watched a good bit of. He was certainly a fuckup but i think he realizes it and is serious about it. For a camp body, wiyhout question. To take it further, the offense could remain the same if hes the backup instead of taylor and though he had issues he does have more experience than tyrod. Id be 100% onboard.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im with you. Id be fine with it. He has a youtube series following his comeback that i watched a good bit of. He was certainly a fuckup but i think he realizes it and is serious about it. For a camp body, wiyhout question. To take it further, the offense could remain the same if hes the backup instead of taylor and though he had issues he does have more experience than tyrod. Id be 100% onboard.
    The arm strength is something that can't be coached.

I remember when Russell was a rookie, receivers described his arm strength as a juggs machine. He has a cannon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The arm strength is something that can't be coached.

I remember when Russell was a rookie, receivers described his arm strength as a juggs machine. He has a cannon.
    That was six years ago and he's been laying on the couch eating chicken and biscuits since then. You guys are nuts

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

That was six years ago and he's been laying on the couch eating chicken and biscuits since then. You guys are nuts

Well, apparently he's been working pretty hard to get another shot for the past year.

Nobody wants to give him a 5 year contract. In fact I think my endorsement was the strongest and it included the caveat that I doubted he'd make the team.

We want him because we can sign him to a no risk deal and maybe MAYBE get a quality back up out of him.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries
    Bring in Randy Moss too. Smh

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!