Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by zckattk View Post
    And while we're at it the Monday Morning QB show on Norris and Davis is unbearable. They try to be funny but just wind up talking over each other constantly. By the time a segment is over and we're on to our next 6 minute commercial break they've spent a total of 2 minutes talking football. It's awful. And the only time Ed Norris shows any emotion in his voice is when they are talking about anything other than sports. I'm sure he likes football but you can tell he could care less about talking about it for 4 hours a day.

Drew Forrester is obviously a knucklehead but the good thing about WNST is they have very few sponsors which means fewer and shorter commercials. That gives Drew more time to have endless silent pauses as he's trying to put a thought together.

omg and preston is the worst, they treat him like god even tho he sucks....and he always sounds like he is out of breath

Blog Entries

It's funny to hear the complaints here, living where I do, I don't get very good reception on 105.7, but when I do, I generally enjoy the people on air (mostly hear Vinny/Rob and Garceau). Maybe it's because I don't get it all day long. I don't mind Zinno either, and didn't mind Cunningham...the only ones I really don't care for are Norris and Davis but that's because I find both their voices to be overly annoying.

Believe me though, it could be worse! Five minutes of LaVar or Doc Walker, which is what I get living down here, would have you wishing for the return of the Cunningham and Zinno pairing...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    But wasn't he so big and scary?! Everyone someone brought up the internet critics on his show he would say "yea OK I am a lot bigger than them so they would never say that to my face" or something along those lines. That guy is such a jerk off.
    He was big about 6'3 but nothing close to being scary and like I said, Admin Steve and Fred were there. So
    was Sy, Tony's good friend and Prez of Nest 1. I had plenty of witnesses. I gave him his best shot and he
    didn't take it.

He likes to say he played TE in
    college and played vs Lawrence Taylor and survived-lol. I knew he wasn't going to do
    anything. Nobody does. He was looking at a ton of legal probs and plenty of PM threats from
    him. I proved on scout that nobody is gonna say things in person that they say on message
    boards. Just ask Admin Steve about Jacksonville. It's one of Mista T's favorite stories.

And speaking of TE, the guys on scout used to rib him about his aging mustache. He said he grew it because
    someone's cleat's caught his lip in a game so he uses it to cover the scars.

Jeremy Conn was joking on the air with him about that mustache and Bruce came back and on his
    very last comment on the air said Jeremy was a cross dresser. Even I was shocked at that because he always
    defended them on the boards but hurt a lot of people over the air with that one. Total hypocrite.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-02-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zckattk View Post
    And while we're at it the Monday Morning QB show on Norris and Davis is unbearable. They try to be funny but just wind up talking over each other constantly. By the time a segment is over and we're on to our next 6 minute commercial break they've spent a total of 2 minutes talking football. It's awful. And the only time Ed Norris shows any emotion in his voice is when they are talking about anything other than sports. I'm sure he likes football but you can tell he could care less about talking about it for 4 hours a day.

Drew Forrester is obviously a knucklehead but the good thing about WNST is they have very few sponsors which means fewer and shorter commercials. That gives Drew more time to have endless silent pauses as he's trying to put a thought together.
    I turned the norris/davis show on, and they were both harping about politics. It has to be one of the worst shows on 105.7 if not the worst. Steve Davis is a whining little bitch and Norris just isn't a sports guy. I don't mind Norris, but I mean come on now you can't find a better sports guy?

Blog Entries

Here's one more Marty story. He was actually arrested way back when for soliciting a prostitute by Patterson Park. He tried to say he was working on documentry for the
    station. Nobody believed him-lol.

He had a smart lawyer though who got him off on a technicality, which was the vice
    cop didn't go down far enough on him to make the charges um, sticky, I mean stick.
    True. The atty knew the judges had been advising the cops they just can't say give me
    some head like Marty did and charge him. They actually had to go down on him. The cop
    didn't and Marty got off. He was suspended until the trial was over.

He also broke Babe Ruth's bat. John Buren had it in his office on loan from the Babe Ruth
    Museum. It was worth over $100,000. Marty wasn't having a good day so he walked in to
    talk to his friend and saw the bat in the corner. He picked it up and smashed it vs the
    furniture and broke it to smitherines. I kid you not. He didn't know it was the Babe's bat.

Somebody's insurance paid for it and Marty was suspended once again. ILMAO
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-02-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I turned the norris/davis show on, and they were both harping about politics. It has to be one of the worst shows on 105.7 if not the worst. Steve Davis is a whining little bitch and Norris just isn't a sports guy. I don't mind Norris, but I mean come on now you can't find a better sports guy?
    I used to like Ed (hate Steve) but Ed has become Steve's Myna bird. Seems all he ever does it reiterate Steve's thoughts on sports. At least he disagrees on all of Steve's pansy ass, wuss views on most everything else.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Drew, he went into a tirade after the last Ravens game in Indy during the POs. I was there with
    Mista T and a guy from Scout. So we had nothing to do on Sunday so T said lets go by and pay respect
    on the devil himself.

So we drive into the cemetry and I kid you not. There were signs all over the place offering big rewards for
    anyone who reported vandalism on the graves. Seems a lot of Ravens fans go there when the Ravens are
    in town-lol. We drove around the entire damn place looking for his grave and found it on top
    of a hill. It was in the perfect place over looking the slums of Indy. All the houses across the street were
    boarded up-lol.

But nobody had the guts to get out of the car to piss on his grave. It was a set up. The cops were waiting for
    us. There was an unmarked car on top of the hill and another one at the bottom. There was a plains clothes
    cop pretending to be mourning the grave next to Irsaays but if you looked closely, you could see the outline
    of his Smith and Wesson under his coat. I said shit, T, foget this man. he said at least get out and take a pic
    of the grave and I did.

When we got back I posted the story on Sunspot and Drew went nuts on the air shorta like Marty. A lot of
    guys on the thread said they pissed or shit on his grave over the years and Drew thought it was terrible and disrespectful and even named the posters on air. He attacked guys on the air that couldn't defend themselves.
    Actually he was right about the disrespect but I have no remorse after what he did to us. He cut our hearts
    out and that doesn't bother some of these younger guys who didnt' go through it.
    Another jerk.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-02-2013 at 10:30 PM.

I really like Hayne. Terry Ford has been great too on late nights. Real Baltimore guys who know their stuff inside and out.

I can't stand that new national late night show though, whatever that guy is they got from Stern XM. Talk about an unlistenable voice, the guy sounds like he swallowed a bag of marbles.

As for Zinno, he is like a fine wine. Once its been left out and turned to vinegar. He can't be off the airways soon enough.

iggyman555 Guest

jeremy is an ass he was texting me today talking shit about being the best on the station..i called him out for stealing stuff from this forum (favorite ray moments) he said who cares its a free country

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i called him out for stealing stuff from this forum (favorite ray moments) he said who cares its a free country
    He's right... I think it's funny that many people think that the Radio/TV/News guys don't look at this stuff and derive many thoughts and ideas from it. These forums are the best "finger on the pulse" they can get. The talk show guys would be stupid not to use this stuff. Don't be offended that they like some of what they read here or that some of it inspires them to talk about it, especially the obvious stuff like "Best Ray Memories". Big Wigs all over use forums to get ideas.

I'm also part of a "Drum Building Website/forum". We are a bunch or drummers who are carpenters, artists, engineers.. etc. and we build drums. A few times a year we see the huge corporations steel an idea that was originally posted on our site. What ya' gonna do? If you really want to keep your thoughts/ideas secret. Don't post them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    jeremy is an ass he was texting me today talking shit about being the best on the station..i called him out for stealing stuff from this forum (favorite ray moments) he said who cares its a free country
    It's not stealing when someone else uses something that people freely post on a public website. I wouldn't be upset about it. Forums are a great resource to find info about different topics.