Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Compensatory draft picks

Link: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/...k-projections/

Apparently, this guy is fairly accurate in projecting the compensatory picks. According to this article, the Ravens could get compensatory picks in the following rounds:

Round 4 - Ben Grubbs
    Round 5 - Jarrett Johnson
    Round 6 - Cory Redding
    Round 7 - Tom Zbikowski
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Re: Compensatory draft picks

Paging BMoreravor to chime in........

I do believe he also predicted approximately 4 comp picks but don't recall what rounds they would be place in.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post

I do believe he also predicted approximately 4 comp picks but don't recall what rounds they would be place in.
    Hilariously, since we won the SB, our comp picks are pretty much the same as our regular in the rounds they fall in so we can trade our regular late round picks if we like and simply use our comp picks instead.

Blog Entries

I am hoping for a miracle that somehow that Grubbs pick turns into a 3rd. But it looks doubtful.

I'm hoping we take a flyer and use one of our comp picks on, Mathieau (sp?). DB that was released by LSU.

Blog Entries

They are entitled to 5 actually this year, but you have a limit of 4. That extra one might mean that they get bumped a round instead of say of receiving a 7th comp round pick, that pick may be boosted to a 6th or something like that. No one will know til about 3 weeks until before the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I'm hoping we take a flyer and use one of our comp picks on, Mathieau (sp?). DB that was released by LSU.
    I was considering it...he's going to have to ACE an interview with Harbaugh and Ozzie. He's a multiple offender with drugs. Have to imagine "the program" is going to be watching him closely in the NFL...

Shame too, because his play just SCREAMS of the next Ed Reed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post

I think those rounds are probably right. In past years, Grubbs would have ended up being a 3rd, but this year there were about 5-6 larger contracts, so I think that's going to push him down to a 4th.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 02-22-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: "larger"
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

A third would be amazing, since they're so close to our original pick, it gives the FO a ton of flexibility.

Blog Entries

So we currently sit at 1-7 with a projected comp in 4-7, for a grand total of 11 picks? I've been away for a while, so chime in if that is wrong.

11 picks should equal some moving around to grab some studs. Who really knows with Ozzie though.

Awesome, gotta be excited to see who Ozzie is checking out to be the next crop of Ravens to help this team. I'm pumped. Give Ozzie 11 picks and watch him do his magic.
    Hoping aleast 3 or 4 rookies can play strong next season.

In Ozzie We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    Link: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/...k-projections/

Apparently, this guy is fairly accurate in projecting the compensatory picks. According to this article, the Ravens could get compensatory picks in the following rounds:

Round 4 - Ben Grubbs
    Round 5 - Jarrett Johnson
    Round 6 - Cory Redding
    Round 7 - Tom Zbikowski
    Wow, the Ravens lose 3 key players, eventually win the SB and still get 4/5 extra picks. Ray Lewis and his praying has paid off well for the Ravens. LOL Wonder if any other teams had that many picks in the draft after winning the SB? Ozzie will have yet another draft to improve the team and fill in some much needed help for the future. Ravens really seem like a team that will be winning for years to come.