Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

Would the Ravens have made the playoffs with Boldin and without the players they were able to acquire with the money they freed up by getting rid of him?

I think getting rid of Boldin was Ozzie's big mistake.

Blog Entries

Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

Hard to say.

Certainly wouldn't have hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Would the Ravens have made the playoffs with Boldin and without the players they were able to acquire with the money they freed up by getting rid of him?

I think getting rid of Boldin was Ozzie's big mistake.
    Hard to tell, especially when playing the "what if" game. The 2013 Ravens offense had a lot more problems than just missing a tough WR of Boldin's caliber. I do think, given how many games we lost by a handful of points that Boldin could have been the difference in one or two of them.

I'm sure that Ozzie, if he could do it all over again, would have found a way to keep Q in Baltimore. Who knows though, this year we look to be in a good spot to pick up a blue chip WR in a draft that's deep at the position. If Ozzie and co. play their cards right we could get a guy that could make us forget all about Boldin.

Okay, I'll beat the dead horse. Hindsight is always 20-20, but I thought at the time that the better move would have been to release Jacoby Jones and his $4.9 cap hit to free up space, rather than to trade Boldin. Jones can bring a unique dynamic and electrify the game a few times a year, but Boldin is a play-to-play contributor in both the pass and run game (with his blocking).

Or with KO or Pitta

Maybe

More likely we would have been in the playoffs with Better O-line play and the still having Boldin imo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, if we had kept Boldin, that would probably have come at the expense of signing Dumervil. Now, I think this year Boldin would have had a bigger impact than Dumervil, but what about going forward? Boldin would have been a FA now and having Dumervil is making the Suggs-situation much easier to handle.

8. Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

Yeah I think we're in if we still had Boldin. We lost a lot of close games this year. I think Boldin could have certainly turned those close games in our favor.

Boldin can't get separation anymore. With the pressure Joe was constantly under all year because of a subpar offensive line, and thus waiting for Boldin to get open, Boldin's presence wouldn't have changed much. SF's offensive line is much better than ours.

Jeebus, let it go..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Boldin wouldn't have helped the running game or the 4th quarter defense.
    Last edited by GOTA; 01-12-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Boldin can't get separation anymore. With the pressure Joe was constantly under all year because of a subpar offensive line, and thus waiting for Boldin to get open, Boldin's presence wouldn't have changed much. SF's offensive line is much better than ours.
    I saw him wide open several times during this game. It's all about play designs. The Ravens lack NFL caliber offensive coaching, whereas the 49ers possess good play caller, hence Boldin open several times in the middle of the field, the seams, and even BEHIND the secondary for a big play.