Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Jon Jansen available

The Redskins opted out of Jansen's $1.35 million salary and $1 million signing bonus. Perhaps he would be interested in staying in this area and take a vet minimum contract.

His presence could help Oher develop better/faster.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

2. Re: Jon Jansen available

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The Redskins opted out of Jansen's $1.35 million salary and $1 million signing bonus. Perhaps he would be interested in staying in this area and take a vet minimum contract.

His presence could help Oher develop better/faster.
    The dude is always injured:grbac:

Re: Jon Jansen available

I think he is pretty terrible right now, but has been pretty good in the past. Getting cut making that little from a team that needs RT help is not a good indicator he is any good, but as a street FA in season could be a good fill in if we are still thin at T.

4. Re: Jon Jansen available

i don't know if this year will be like last, but it seemed like JO was around to mentor gaither, especially in camp. after we freed willy, it might be nice to have a veteran presence on that OL if it's for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    i don't know if this year will be like last, but it seemed like JO was around to mentor gaither, especially in camp. after we freed willy, it might be nice to have a veteran presence on that OL if it's for cheap.
    Maybe Willy will still show up and get mental reps, maybe even unretire, or Brett Favre at some point during the season if he stays in shape. Or gets in shape.

Wink Re: Jon Jansen available

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Maybe Willy will still show up and get mental reps, maybe even unretire, or Brett Favre at some point during the season if he stays in shape. Or gets in shape.
    At vet minimum, I'd rather have Jansen (assuming he would pass the physical) over Anderson.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

A vet on the OL....like the Center we just signed?

Oher isn't giving up that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    Oher isn't giving up that spot.
    I doubt Terry or Cousins fail to make the 53 as well, but we may need some live bodies if they are hurting right now.

10. Re: Jon Jansen available

Quote Originally Posted by grayplay View Post
    A vet on the OL....like the Center we just signed?
    center is much different than tackle, it would be nice having a JO, WA, pace, jansen, etc to mentor these young bookends we have for their position

It turns out the Skins are actually eating an additional 1.7 mil to cut him. Not saving 1.7, or the 2.9 Big willy is saving us by retiring, but costing them a net loss of 1.7 mil in cap space, which once agains begs the question, what cap? How are they not 30 mil over right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    It turns out the Skins are actually eating an additional 1.7 mil to cut him. Not saving 1.7, or the 2.9 Big willy is saving us by retiring, but costing them a net loss of 1.7 mil in cap space, which once agains begs the question, what cap? How are they not 30 mil over right now?
    The fact that they have NO depth to speak of and as a result never even come close to contending down the stretch might have something to do with it.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis