Page 244 of 324 FirstFirst ... 242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,917 to 2,928 of 3886

Thread: Draft Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I've noted that every time DeCosta talks about Konz, just about all he says is that he had an ankle injury. I know the guy has shown that the injury is behind him, performing well in agility drills. Makes me wonder what DeCosta is saying between the lines. Konz had a series of injuries at Wisconsin and then choose to come out early. A skeptic might conclude he couldn't afford yet another injury as a senior, lest he totally kill his stock in the draft. Is DeCosta mentioning the injury to throw off the scent of other teams? I think not. I suspect they have questions about his durability. And I don't see them using a first round pick on an interior lineman who is not a sure thing. The guess here is that Glenn and Decastro are rated high enough for them to be considerations, but they'll be gone, and it won't be until the 2nd/3rd that a lineman is selected by the Ravens.
    I definitely think they like Glenn and DeCastro more than Konz.

I REALLY like Glenn a lot and think he'd be an ideal fit in Baltimore. Big, nasty, athletic, and can play multiple positions.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I've noted that every time DeCosta talks about Konz, just about all he says is that he had an ankle injury. I know the guy has shown that the injury is behind him, performing well in agility drills. Makes me wonder what DeCosta is saying between the lines. Konz had a series of injuries at Wisconsin and then choose to come out early. A skeptic might conclude he couldn't afford yet another injury as a senior, lest he totally kill his stock in the draft. Is DeCosta mentioning the injury to throw off the scent of other teams? I think not. I suspect they have questions about his durability. And I don't see them using a first round pick on an interior lineman who is not a sure thing. The guess here is that Glenn and Decastro are rated high enough for them to be considerations, but they'll be gone, and it won't be until the 2nd/3rd that a lineman is selected by the Ravens.
    Don't buy into all that really, he might be saying that so that it puzzles other teams on whether they would pull the trigger on Konz or not. I do think that if somehow Cordy Glenn or DeCastro is there at 29 they will without doubt draft them. Glenn has a much bigger chance of being there at 29, but I doubt Glenn gets past 21. What I DO think could work out is drafting Konz in the first, and Zeitler in the second if he would to fall that far. You got good chemistry in the middle of the line, with Yanda and Birk to mentor them as well. I think an interior line of Konz, Zeitler, and Yanda would be scary for any NT's.

If we don't get Konz or Zeitler, I really hope we manage to get Brandon Brooks in the 2nd or third. This guy is HUGE, like seriously would be a great value pick to get him, he's arguably got the talent of a first round guard IMO, but didn't get an invite to the combine for some reason.

Blog Entries

In today's NFL, I would not draft a lineman in the top ten unless he is a no brainer stud.

Drafting Richardson also comes with it's risks. Look at recent first round RBs and you see a lot of injury issues. Plus Richardson has got a lot of miles on him.

Ingram - last year missed several games
    CJ Spiller
    Ryan Matthews
    Knownshon Moreno
    Donald Brown
    Beanie Wells
    Darren McFadden
    Jonathan Stewart
    etc

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If LeRon McClain could run for 900 yards, for the Ravens, I think that Anthony Allen will be okay. As will Damien Berry.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In today's NFL, I would not draft a lineman in the top ten unless he is a no brainer stud.

Drafting Richardson also comes with it's risks. Look at recent first round RBs and you see a lot of injury issues. Plus Richardson has got a lot of miles on him.

Ingram - last year missed several games
    CJ Spiller
    Ryan Matthews
    Knownshon Moreno
    Donald Brown
    Beanie Wells
    Darren McFadden
    Jonathan Stewart
    etc
    Ryan Mathews had a pretty good season in 2011, and it's only his second season. I think it's unfair to include him in that list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If LeRon McClain could run for 900 yards, for the Ravens, I think that Anthony Allen will be okay. As will Damien Berry.
    That was behind a much better offensive line and offensive line coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ryan Mathews had a pretty good season in 2011, and it's only his second season. I think it's unfair to include him in that list.
    Point taken - just trying to show that recent first round RBs have had challenges staying on the field. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take one and it doesn't mean Richardson will have injury issues. But it does look like a trend.

Blog Entries

For example, Matt Khalil looks like the type of prospect that is as close to 'Can't Miss' as you are going to get.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

How does D. Martin, the RB from Boise State, compare to Ray Rice?

Blog Entries

they're the same guy

For example, Matt Khalil looks like the type of prospect that is as close to 'Can't Miss' as you are going to get.
    Not to be too contrarian, but OL (particularly LT) being "safe" picks is kind of a myth. Robert Gallery, Jason Smith, and Levi Brown were all consensus top 5 picks that busted spectacularly. More recently, Trent Williams and Russell Okung were both seen as super-safe picks and each has only played about 50% of the snaps since being drafted due to injuries and such.

The bottom line is that top 10 OTs have a VERY checkered history over the past few years. Only Jake Long and Joe Thomas have really lived up to their billing, and the majority of the rest have busted, some spectacularly so.

I'm not sure what that MEANS, really. Every draft DOES end up with "can't miss" players, but while those players used to be linemen, it's swinging more to skill positions as of late. WR and DB are becoming "safer" than OL and DL as of the last few drafts.

Favorably. Very similar body type and play style. Martin is already a better pass blocker than Rice at this point in his career, but not as skilled a route-runner and receiver.

He's one of my favorite players in the draft and I see him as very pro-ready. I think only he and Richardson could be 3-down backs on opening day in the NFL.