Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Farve?

Brett Farve?

http://www.comcast.net/articles/spor...Packers-Favre/

Long and short Brett wants the Packers to release him so he can return to the NFL and play for another team.

We've been saying for years we're a QB away from the SB. With the running game, defense, and not to terrible WR what do you think about trading for him?

If he's given his release he can go to a NFC North team which the Packers don't want but if he's traded for a low round pick then I think they'll be up for it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Brett Farve?

I really like Brett but this insanity of retiring/not-retiring has got to stop. End it already Brett!!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Wink Re: Brett Farve?

No thanks. He's not that good anymore, and far too expensive.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

4,155 yards, 28 TDs and 15 INTs.

He'd be a good one or two year starter to teach the youngsters. The only time the our offense has seen a real QB since Billick got here is when our defense in on the field against our opponents.

I'm not saying give up a first or second, but I would offer a fifth and then let them wrangle me down to a third. Remember how many pro-bowl QBs learned from behind Farve. Brunell and Hassellbeck are the first two that spring to mind.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I think he has something left in the tank, at least for one more season, but why would he want to come here? I'm feeling optimistic about the the Ravens (as I often am), but there's no reason he should -- we have a new head coach and a new offensive coordinator, and are coming off a losing season. I'm guessing we are not high on his list.

Although I don't like Favre's "I'm retiring" and then two or three months later saying "No I'm not" act, I think the Packers are making a mistake by not taking him back.

Rod Woodson, on NFLN said that the Ravens would be a good fit for Farve.

NO thanks. I agree 100% with T.

And kudos to the Pakers for telling him to go some place else.

Salary cap issues aside, I would take him for 1 - 2 year deal. He's still playing at a fairly high level. And if our defense can stay healthy this year he wouldn't even need to be great. Above average QB play would probably be enough to at least make the playoffs.

Not sure Ozzie could get the $$$$$ to work though.

Ozzie loves giving huge contracts to has beens, but I think even he is smart enough to realize plugging Favre in with Gaither and Terry as your tackles would be a horrible idea. But he is the one that signed Ethan Brooks to a team he fancied a Super Bowl contender. Who knows, they probably will make a move for him.

Blog Entries

if Favre hits FA, I don't think he'll end up here. Minnesota will probably break the bank to get him, plus their OC is tight with Brett. If the Packers try to trade him, they will definitley look outside their division, maybe even their conference. If they go out of conference, biggest players in the AFC will be Miami, Buffalo, and Baltimore...I think we have the best shot out of those three, although Buffalo could be a pretty tough situation to beat.

I could go either way really. I'd love to have Brett here to mentor Flacco, but bringing him in might show TS the exit, seeing as he'll probably want to find a better opportunity where he has a shot at starting.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think I might shoot myself in the face if we sign Favre...

- C -

11. Re: Brett Farve?

No. No. No. A thousand times No.

The 2008 season is looming. We are NOT a QB away from the Super Bowl.
    We should focus on many of these issues.

Offensive Line - With Ogden's retirement we need some stability as a new crop needs time to gel.
    Recievers - Is Heap, Clayton, Williams healthy? Do we even have a deep threat?
    Secondary - What about the health of Rolle and McAlister?
    Pass Rush - Will Suggs be T-Sizzle or T-Fizzle this season? Where is Trevor Pryce?
    QB - Does Smith start over Boller? When does Bazooka Joe get his shot to prove he's a first round pick?
    Coaching - Will Harbaugh prove to be the right choice? Does Cam remember who to draw up plays that score?

We have way too much to figure out without bringing another ego into the fold. Hey, Bret maybe you can get a role in Something About Mary 2.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I think I might shoot myself in the face if we sign Favre...

- C -
    Save me a bullet