Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: what do you attribute the ravens success to?

you called?
    Attachment 1182

Got to give credit where due. Cam is the reason we are 8-2. Without him we'd be . . . 9-1.

There a lot of reasons we have had success. If I were to think of one player contributing the most to it - without a doubt it's Flacco.

4. Re: what do you attribute the ravens success to?

At home: the offensive line playing well enough to give the receivers and backs a decent chance to properly execute the otherwise inflexible yet predictable gameplan/playcalling.

On the road: tenacity, perseverance, dogged determination and sheer force of will mixed with just enough luck to overcome the shortcomings and failings of the aforementioned inflexible yet predictable gameplan/playcalling.

Flacco has been solid this year, but let's not forget people all across the board making plays when they were needed. Torrey Smith having the game of his life after his brother passes away. Anquan Boldin fighting for every catch. Say what you want about Carey Wiliams but he has 4 interceptions this year. Ellerbe stepping up in that LB role and having 11 tackles against the Steelers.

Stats mean jack. Houston fans right now I'm sure aren't tearing their team apart because they got taken to overtime by Jacksonville. I'm sure they aren't saying "OMG we should have lost and we'll be 9-7 the rest of the way." because they haven't blown every team out or lost to the Packers. They are relishing in their 9-1 record.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Houston fans right now I'm sure aren't tearing their team apart because they got taken to overtime by Jacksonville. I'm sure they aren't saying "OMG we should have lost and we'll be 9-7 the rest of the way." because they haven't blown every team out or lost to the Packers. They are relishing in their 9-1 record.
    Judging by sports talk radio in Houston, you'd be wrong with that assumption.

A very vocal collection of fans, quite possible the majority, want Kubiac gone and are vexed that now the team has a good record, they will have to endure him for more years.

We are a lot like the past 4-5 SB winners. IOW...we are winning despite injuries, certain inconsistencies, and certain statistical and/or performance declines.

This wknd represents one of the last opportunities we'll have all season (including our likely playoff scenario of hosting at least 1 game) to prove that we can resolve our road inconsistencies.

We have the talent and veteran poise to beat anyone...but location is going to matter until we prove that it doesn't anymore.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

It's a little luck, an incredible home field advantage and a roster that contains multiple guys with big play ability. The difference between the Ravens and the Steelers on Sunday was a couple of big plays from the Ravens. The only problem with playing that way is that its tough to count on game in and game out, especially against teams you see in the playoffs

I have a dream that one day my children will see offenses and defenses ranked by points and not by yards.

Blog Entries

Well, they play a clean game. When they get in the red zone, they make it count. When they allow others into the red zone, they hold them to FGs. Their special teams units is clean for the most part, with the exception of a penalty here and there. The team, as a whole, is only concerned with the W. As another poster said, that is a new vibe that you get about this team. Not one person blaming another or one side blaming another. Just getting the W.

Now, there is no question in my mind that if I had to choose one player who was most responsible for the success, it would be Joe Flacco.

Like another poster said, some just don't want to admit it.

We've had number 1 ranked defenses, top ranked rush offenses, a 2000 yard rusher, and still weren't winning consistently until Flacco arrived. Then, people still tried to say that it was due to the defense and the rush offense. Yet, Ray Rice's playoff numbers aren't that good and Flacco was the one that made the throw that would have put them in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl people (Not trying to diss Ray Rice).

This year, the defense went to pieces, Rice wasn't getting as many touches as he used to and it's even been tough sledding for him lately with the offensive line struggles.

The constant is Joe Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

in years past the Ravens have risen up to the talent of the opponent, thats a big reason they are so consistent

but they also play down to the level of their opponent...they need to find some consistency on the road

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, they play a clean game. When they get in the red zone, they make it count. When they allow others into the red zone, they hold them to FGs. Their special teams units is clean for the most part, with the exception of a penalty here and there. The team, as a whole, is only concerned with the W. As another poster said, that is a new vibe that you get about this team. Not one person blaming another or one side blaming another. Just getting the W.

Now, there is no question in my mind that if I had to choose one player who was most responsible for the success, it would be Joe Flacco.

Like another poster said, some just don't want to admit it.

We've had number 1 ranked defenses, top ranked rush offenses, a 2000 yard rusher, and still weren't winning consistently until Flacco arrived. Then, people still tried to say that it was due to the defense and the rush offense. Yet, Ray Rice's playoff numbers aren't that good and Flacco was the one that made the throw that would have put them in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl people (Not trying to diss Ray Rice).

This year, the defense went to pieces, Rice wasn't getting as many touches as he used to and it's even been tough sledding for him lately with the offensive line struggles.

The constant is Joe Flacco.
    What? We won a SB pounding the ball and playing great D, we haven't won a SB with Flacco yet. I will say a lot of the credit goes to Flacco for our success, but that hasn't been the case so much on the road.