Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

eFootball.JPG
    Norman Sas, inventor of electric football, dead at 87. You made my childhood happier, Norman. RIP.

Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    eFootball.JPG
    Norman Sas, inventor of electric football, dead at 87. You made my childhood happier, Norman. RIP.
    I had the Colts and Chiefs. RIP Mr. Sas.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

I had Broncos/Cowboys. Pretty much a useless toy that I couldn't figure out, but played the hell out of it.

He must have invented the game when he was pretty young. The first one I remember was 1965. Maybe he was inspired by the Beach Boys. You know - "Gotta keep those good vi- vibrations ahappenin' with her!" ;)

As for the passing attack: The set we had had a QB with an arm on a spring. You cocked that felt FB back and if you could hit any player it was ruled a catch. You stuck the ball under the players arm and then you turned the machine on.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    He must have invented the game when he was pretty young. The first one I remember was 1965. Maybe he was inspired by the Beach Boys. You know - "Gotta keep those good vi- vibrations ahappenin' with her!" ;)

As for the passing attack: The set we had had a QB with an arm on a spring. You cocked that felt FB back and if you could hit any player it was ruled a catch. You stuck the ball under the players arm and then you turned the machine on.
    That is how we played it too. Although the QB arm wasn't really on a spring, it was flexible enough to fling the little football.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    The set we had had a QB with an arm on a spring. You cocked that felt FB back and if you could hit any player it was ruled a catch.
    Yep. I seem to remember that passes mostly hit wildly off the far wall. You could kinda sorta kick (I think it was the same guy who was the passer?).

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yep. I seem to remember that passes mostly hit wildly off the far wall. You could kinda sorta kick (I think it was the same guy who was the passer?).
    Yes it was the same guy AND he was 12 foot tall compared to the others.

The ball flew so fast, there were always arguments whether it actually hit a player or not.

I had the Colts and the Vikings.

Blog Entries

I always ran 'student body left/right/middle' by mushing everyone together with the ballcarrier in the middle. crappy game but I spent hours on it too.

RIP

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!