Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Miles Austin, Jason Witten...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    My first thought was cowboys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Interesting take on the Ravens from an active NFL player

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So a player from an NFC team that Joe has faced at least twice ....

Gotta be a Cowboys player, right?

Good stuff ASB. Thanks!
    Could be any AFC East team.

Anyway, good read, found myself wanting more.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

What if preseason also counted...lol.

My guess is it's Giants or Cowboys. Redskins and Eagles have had lots of turnover on their offense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Wasn't it Jason Witten who once commented about how he couldn't understand why Joe Flacco didn't get more credit for the Ravens' success?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Really great story, ASB, and would go nicely on the Ravens subreddit if you were interested. Thanks for sharing!!!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Could be any NFC East team.
    FTFY. IIRC the Ravens played the NFCE in Joe's first year as well as the past season, QED.
    Anyway, good read, found myself wanting more.
    Second!

Thanks for sharing.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Not surprised about the perspective on Ray...and even Joe.
    Ray reaches out to tons of guys throughout the week. Heaps praise upon those who had great games, those coming back from injury, young guys just getting started, etc. Reasons why I think he's one of the greatest leaders in the history of sports.
    Joe's pretty much "unhateable" in my mind. Too "aw shuckish" and even keeled.

NFC east, recognizable, offensive player, the QB question, some one pleasant to talk to...Desean Jackson, Jason Witten or Miles Austin, I say.

Tough to not show respect for Ray Lewis. Great players show up in the game to make game altering plays. Ray hasdone this many times personally to stop a score, cause a turnover, or go one on one with a player that wanted to score, but Ray had different plans. I could see him as another Joe Erhman who played defense for the Baltimore colts and turned to religon to help others. Also White from Green Bay.
    Joe Flacco has played quietly, while winning, and only recently,when asked, did he say h e considered himself good. He was laughed at by the media and subjected to analizing by the talking heads. Hell, some said he needed to prove it.Then he backed up what he said by having an NFL record postseason.
    Ravens organization is one of the best, if not the best in the NFL. Ravens owner, GM, headcoach, and players have consistently done what no other team has in the last 5 years. Playing Ravens football is more then just a saying, it's the teams way in giving their all and never give up until the game has ended.
    At this time, the only dis respect would be from the some of the 9ers and their HC. Oh yea, the yearly Raven haters, but that's what keeps them happy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

NFC east, recognizable, offensive player, the QB question, some one pleasant to talk to...Desean Jackson, Jason Witten or Miles Austin, I say.
    He said NFC, not NFC east. Could also be the 49 ers but lets respect his wishes for privacy. Good stuff ASB. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    He said NFC, not NFC east. Could also be the 49 ers but lets respect his wishes for privacy. Good stuff ASB. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your trip.
    I realized he said NFC, but we only played East teams before the SB, and I just don't think he would have asked the QB question to a 49er. Could be wrong of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I realized he said NFC, but we only played East teams before the SB, and I just don't think he would have asked the QB question to a 49er. Could be wrong of course.
    I think the insinuation was this player had seen Flacco play multiple times, and the only NFC East clubs we've played multiple times (note NOT counting preseason) are the NFC East clubs (2008 and 2012) and the 49ers (2011 and 2013 SB). Important to note, if you go with preseason, expands to a couple more teams (Falcons, Lions, Rams, etc)

So, since we aren't going to be able to guess it anyway...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!