Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Time for some in house changes?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I've been saying Moeller needs to go ever since he was hired. But of course I got bashed last offseason because our OL was in the top 10 last year. Now maybe people will listen now that Flacco is in the bottom 5 of time allowed in the pocket.

Next up: Jim Hostler. No way do you have the names of Housh, Evans, Boldin and all had their worst years here. Not to mention the failure to evelop our drafted WR's with the exception of Torrey. This guy doesn't have the pedigree to be on this stage. Look at his accomplishments. He was the OC of the niners, of course where as soon as he left they suddenly hve a decent offense. Before that the Phins, and Jets.

As for the defense, the problem is we have Cary Willims and Jimmy Smith out there giving an aged Johnson and mediocre Walter a 10 yard cushion. And Cary has done it all year. I'm assuming that falls on Pees and needs to be changed. You don't have 2 corners over 6ft giving 10 yard cushions. Play bump and run and MAKE the QB make a throw. Jimmy bites on every double move. Thank goodness Suggs was in there or it could've been alot worse.
    If it doesn't fall on him, it falls on the DB coach (you can hear him on 1 winning drive telling them to play off). BUT I think it's more on Pees for his bend but don't break.

Playing 10 yards off is supposed to allow you to keep from getting burned, but when Jimmy is so aggressive and ALWAYS bites on the double move - it'll kill ya.

On D we need a change in personnel i.e moving Smith to the slot and Brown outside OR a change in scheme. I just know I am tired of watching the same thing week in and week out.

Blog Entries

And those praising Pees and what he did in NE. He had a certain guy named Brady on the other side of the ball eating up clock and putting u points, forcing the opposing team's to go pass happy to play catch up. SO I'm not sol on his defensive genius. If you're D is riding a 10 point cushion, or more, it makes it ALOT easier.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The drunken Oline (Andy Moeller) coach seriously needs to go. Ever since he's been here, our Oline has had some serious fundamental issues for the past 2 or 3 years.
    Okay, so fundamentally, what are the issues? And I'm looking for fundamentals, not "we have good players, they should be playing better".

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

And those praising Pees and what he did in NE. He had a certain guy named Brady on the other side of the ball eating up clock and putting u points, forcing the opposing team's to go pass happy to play catch up. SO I'm not sol on his defensive genius. If you're D is riding a 10 point cushion, or more, it makes it ALOT easier.
    I would agree. But then you also have to question an offense that can't stay on the field, can't convert 1st downs and outside of 50+ yard FGs, can score over the last 6 quarters. When that happens, it gets real ugly.

Blog Entries

I kept hearing Flacco audible "Omaha and Alaska" so I don't think it's Cam calling all of those plays.

Look what the Panther just did, fired their GM. Who's responsible for the lack of talent on the team? ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ugh..... The Playcalling is so freaking bad it is not funny. SB should just FIRE CAM now and try to salvage what we can now. Sorry but CAM is not going to change and the road games are not going to get any better. Round hole SQUARE fucking PEG!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Okay, so fundamentally, what are the issues? And I'm looking for fundamentals, not "we have good players, they should be playing better".
    The time allowed in the pocket for Flacco is so bad that's the worst issue you can have, and more times than not, it's the blocking system not the players at fault for that. The players are to blame, but they are put in a system that simply doe snot suit them.

Btw, I'm not defending Flacco either, he played like shit yesterday, but the Oline needs to be better then what it is no matter how good or bad Flacco is playing.

Blog Entries

People really need to look at WHY Pees left NE to begin with. Who leaves a DC job to become a LB coach? The fact of the matter is Pees was on the verge of being demoted/ fired. His contract expired and the Pats didn't want him back. I wonder why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The time allowed in the pocket for Flacco is so bad that's the worst issue you can have, and more times than not, it's the blocking system not the players at fault for that. The players are to blame, but they are put in a system that simply doe snot suit them.
    Then how was it a top 5 offense going into yesterday's game?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Saying the Ravens won't make the playoffs is a stretch. Let's not get carried away. It's very likely that we go 4-0 or either 3-1 the rest of the way at home. Which means we need just two road wins to get to 10-6, with Cleveland on the schedule that's already one. The Ravens will find away to win another or two to get in. After that it's anyone's ball game. I am not conceding the division, the playoffs, or the Superbowl over one game. Every loss counts the same and we were not going to go undefeated.
    While I'm not necessarily giving up on the season there is NO way you can automatically count any road wins, even Cleveland. Cleveland gave us a dogfight at home and with the way this team is on the road you can't count on anything except maybe that they will be inconsistent. Hopefully the bye will help with extra preparation but if the defense hasn't shown any improvement over six straight games then I'm not so sure the bye is going to be a miraculous cure.
    Last edited by Cj34; 10-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Then how was it a top 5 offense going into yesterday's game?
    All of those big games on offense were at home. The Oline has actually been better than average in the games played at home (apart from the Browns game). Crowd noise seems to really affect this Oline, and the coaches need to do something to fix this as other offensive lines have coped far better on the road.

What happened to our Oline from 08 and 09 were Rice ad McGahee had huge holes to run through? Hell even LeRon McClain had 900 rushing yards, and he's a fullback. We ran a pure power run scheme then, and that's what we should be running today, none of this hybrid ZBS crap. If you want to run a ZBS, get the players that fit into it! Your not going to have that with a 36 year old playing center, or guys who weigh over 330 lbs like Bobbie Williams.

I wish Harbs had the balls to smack Cameron and then tell Joe to fire up the offense on the sidelines instead of sitting by himself on the bench. This team needs some fire from the top and I am just not seeing it week to week.

Fire Cameron as soon as possible.