Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

Blog Entries

Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    One game.

Against one of the worse passing defenses in the league too.
    He wasn't great, I thought we where lucky to win that game. Two of his TD's came from turnovers in the Texans own red zone too.
    Goal Posts moved...CHECK.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He wasn't great, I thought we where lucky to win that game. Two of his TD's came from turnovers in the Texans own red zone too.
    This is what people are talking about when we say you dismiss Flacco's accomplishments. He was the only offensive player to show up that game. Took a massive beating from start to finish. Got zero help from the run game.

Got it done in the clutch though.

But somehow, 2TDs zero picks and a QB rating around 100 is luck. Bullshit. Give the man the credit he earns.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Goal Posts moved...CHECK.
    Point is, when the run game isn't effective, Joe does struggle most of the time, as does most QB's in the NFL. Again, I don't get why people get offended by any type of critique about Joe, Tom Brady struggles without an effective run game at times, I don't see anyone willing to argue with that point around here.

Haha I'm pretty certain this is what people are talking about when they say that when it comes to Flacco's success, it's of everyone's doing but his own.

Points of off turnovers or not, Rice had a game similar to the 49ers one, no where to run.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That's EXACTLY the point Sting and others are trying to make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    This is what people are talking about when we say you dismiss Flacco's accomplishments. He was the only offensive player to show up that game. Took a massive beating from start to finish. Got zero help from the run game.

Got it done in the clutch though.

But somehow, 2TDs zero picks and a QB rating around 100 is luck. Bullshit. Give the man the credit he earns.
    I guess we should just forget about Jacoby Jones fumbling the ball, or the terrible Ed Reed picking off a pass and essentially saving us the game.

One game.

Against one of the worse passing defenses in the league too.
    AND the Ravens didn't win.

I just don't get the argument that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in that game. What does that even matter if the TEAM doesn't win? Using that same argument, Philip Rivers outplayed Flacco this year in SD (Rivers finished with a higher QB rating, anyway).

It also ignores the fact that Brady sacrificed his body (got speared in the back by Lewis) on a QB sneak to score a TD.

Outplayed Brady? Doesn't look like it to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

I just don't get the argument that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in that game. What does that even matter if the TEAM doesn't win? Using that same argument, Philip Rivers outplayed Flacco this year in SD (Rivers finished with a higher QB rating, anyway).

It also ignores the fact that Brady sacrificed his body (got speared in the back by Lewis) on a QB sneak to score a TD.

Ravens had the 3rd ranked defense, Patriots had the 31st ranked defense. Yet people are throwing accusations out to me that I dismiss flacco's ''achievements'' yet everyone forgets about how great this defense has been until this year. Let's just forget about the team when Flacco wins, but blame everyone else when we lose.

I guess we should just forget about Jacoby Jones fumbling the ball, or the terrible Ed Reed picking off a pass and essentially saving us the game.
    For fuck's sake. No you're right. The other team fucking up and our defense did it. Joe should have just stayed home as I'm sure any average fucker could have posted a two score day against that pass rush.

Everyday I thank God that people like you aren't in charge of the Ravens and Joe will be kept here instead of being replaced by Alex Smith.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

I guess Trent Dilfer outplayed Marino over there careers huh?

Joe Flacco had a good day against the Texans in the playoffs last year. His WRs were not open, at all. His offensive line did not protect him, at all. He made a few great throws that many other QBs couldn't make that helped us win that game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    For fuck's sake. No you're right. The other team fucking up and our defense did it. Joe should have just stayed home as I'm sure any average fucker could have posted a two score day against that pass rush.

Everyday I thank God that people like you aren't in charge of the Ravens and Joe will be kept here instead of being replaced by Alex Smith.
    This is the prefect example of how someone is overly emotionally connected to Joe Flacco. If Haloti Ngata misses a tackle, and someone on this board calls him out on it, he will most likely get a bunch of people agreeing. Yet when someone says one bad thing about Joe, you get keyboard warriors like this yet again throwing out false accusations.