Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

I cant take this.......have been waiting year after year, after year for Cam to be gone....only to have him brought back for another season because "we like cam underfire" , man if Cam is truely Canned it would be an early Christmas present.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Or Sproles-like.

Why not put Pierce in the backfield and line up Rice on a slant? Oh that's right we don't use slants.
    how bout a split back field with pierce and rice and trips formation flooding the zone defense to create space? I have never seen some of these plays ever since Cam been the cordinator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What are slants? Cam doesn't know either.
    I can't tell when last i seen a slant play here..a WR slant, shit even a TE slant, these are plays that are truely "money" plays in this league.

Well, I certainly hope that Harbs feels it is warranted - and I am not saying it is not - it is just that I would loose a ton of respect for Harbs if this is being done in response to external pressure! I would hope that Ozzie (in consultation with Harbs) feels a change, if it is coming, is in the best interests of the club.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    how bout a split back field with pierce and rice and trips formation flooding the zone defense to create space? I have never seen some of these plays ever since Cam been the cordinator.
    I just think the instant an opposing D saw both on the field they would be like "what the hell are they doing". Cam must think that would be too easy to confuse a D. Just run that sideline route again, that will trick 'em. They'll never see that coming. I mean - who runs the same play all game? It's brilliant. In bizarro world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I cant take this.......have been waiting year after year, after year for Cam to be gone....only to have him brought back for another season because "we like cam underfire" , man if Cam is truely Canned it would be an early Christmas present.
    More like a Christmas Present that's 3 years late!!

Guys if its a major change like it is everyone is making it seem to be the last thing that will happen is the actual news get leaked before the Ravens want it leaked. They are VERY good at keeping coaching and front office moves quiet until they want the info out. Other teams are terrible and the news leaks hours before the team wants it to.

I think we hear something at harbs pres conf unless they issue a press release before. They wont let this leak.

THe only rumors that leak and are true are regarding players and those leaks come from player sources and not team sources as the team is good at staying quiet till the last min.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    More like a Christmas Present that's 3 years late!!
    Yup.

" I just got my first bike for Christmas, but I also just go my driver's license"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Well, I certainly hope that Harbs feels it is warranted - and I am not saying it is not - it is just that I would loose a ton of respect for Harbs if this is being done in response to external pressure! I would hope that Ozzie (in consultation with Harbs) feels a change, if it is coming, is in the best interests of the club.
    It will probably be the guy in charge of the headset in Joe's helmet.

All this time the volume has been turned too low - "communication" issues.

Blog Entries

I just think the instant an opposing D saw both on the field they would be like "what the hell are they doing". Cam must think that would be too easy to confuse a D. Just run that sideline route again, that will trick 'em. They'll never see that coming. I mean - who runs the same play all game? It's brilliant. In bizarro world.
    I heard from a player before on some show I can't remember, but he said playing against our offense, it is the easiest to defend, he pretty much said its very predictable from the QB cadance, to the route trees, and the formations they know exactly what's coming.

It will probably be the guy in charge of the headset in Joe's helmet.

All this time the volume has been turned too low - "communication" issues.
    haha....that is a good one lol

Or Sproles-like.

Why not put Pierce in the backfield and line up Rice on a slant? Oh that's right we don't use slants. Slants are too easy. We like to do things the hard way - over and over and over again.
    They will line up in a single back formation and motion Rice to the outside to empty the backfield once or twice a game. Problem is, defenses watch tape, they've seen that and know it means the Ravens are looking to match Rice up on a LB and get the ball to him quick. Defenses adjusted and now it doesn't work anymore.

The whole point of going empty backfield is to set up a mismatch somewhere, make that the primary target, and hit it quick cause you know pressure is coming. They don't have enough variety or imagination in their playcalling to make that work.

While we're stargazing, another thing I'd like to see them do is line up in the I formation with Rice and Leach, Boldin tight to the left side, then motion Rice out wide. Now you have 3 wides against the defense's run package with Boldin in the slot. Rice is versatile enough to run a few routes as a de-facto wide receiver, AND you can still hand the ball off to Leach who has shown he's got some ball-carrying ability of his own. Leach can also stay in and pass block which he does well. That way, you're in the formation that keeps Leach on the field but still opens up the passing game.