Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: BR.Com: Why Michael Campanaro Believes He's Ready For Breakout Year

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What makes you so sure he can play another 16 full games with out getting injured? Hell he has yet to even make it through the first couple of days of training camp each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's possible The Ravens strength and conditioning coach could make a big change for Camp health wise. It's at remain to be seen status but it's definitely possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Nobody is counting on him to be the foundation of the offense. But being happy he sounds like he's in good shape and doing his best, while acknowledging that he brings something to the table, is completely reasonable.

Looking at the depth chart I would say Ozzie is counting on him. If he's hurt would they even have enough receivers on game day? Who would be the 4th? This wr core makes the 2015 secondary look deep AF

Looking at the depth chart I would say Ozzie is counting on him. If he's hurt would they even have enough receivers on game day? Who would be the 4th? This wr core makes the 2015 secondary look deep AF

Every thread ends up in the same place. We get it, the FO did not invest in WRs. I don't agree with their philosophy, but they have to deal with the consequences.

The answer to your question is there are 7 WRs currently on the roster, and still FAs and trade prospects out there. Yes, they're not high round picks, yes they're unproven, yes Ozzie should have given Joe more weapons.

I swear this board has become Groundhog Day.

Blog Entries

Camp has played in 11 games out of a possible out of a possible 48.
    What makes you so sure he can play another 16 full games with out getting injured? Hell he has yet to even make it through the first couple of days of training camp each year.
    I don't know why you're so pessimistic :

"Campanaro, you're out of uniform!"

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Every thread ends up in the same place. We get it, the FO did not invest in WRs. I don't agree with their philosophy, but they have to deal with the consequences.

The answer to your question is there are 7 WRs currently on the roster, and still FAs and trade prospects out there. Yes, they're not high round picks, yes they're unproven, yes Ozzie should have given Joe more weapons.

I swear this board has become Groundhog Day.

Agree. It's like anyone that has something positive or optimistic to say just gets pounced on
    with the same argument over and over again - and the tone is so rude in a lot of cases.
    Aren't we all rooting for the same team ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You don't respond when challenged with facts that contradict your position.

Why is that?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    Knock off the hijacking.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Perriman without benefit of a training camp and playing along side Steve Smith and Mike Wallace, had 500 yards receiving. I'm quite sure we can easily extrapolate those numbers to 1100 yards over 16 games.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    I think if we doubled his targets while maintaining his yards per game average and catch rate, it was around 65-70 receptions for just under 1,000 yards and 6-7 TD's.

I'll take that all day from Perriman.

Blog Entries

Camp has played in 11 games out of a possible out of a possible 48. In those 11 games he has racked up gussy stats such as 12 receptions for a whopping 137 yards. And 5 rushes for 89 yards. Striking fear into the rest of the arc north. Pittsburgh you scared? I know Cincy is. Lol this is the secret weapon

Now you're just being willfully ignorant.

Go back and watch the catches, runs, and YAC he produced when he had the opportunity.

If Camp can stay healthy, he is every bit as dynamic of a player as Julian Edelman.

Blog Entries

'This is fine'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I love your optimism and enthusiasm about Perriman, but based on what we've seen in the two years he's been here, I don't see how Perriman, with his hands, could achieve 1100 yards.
    He gained 7.56 yards per target last season. At that rate, he'll only need 146 targets to get to 1100. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    A healthy Perriman, Camp, and Wallace is deadly. Pair that with Woodhead and the tight ends or 3rd down, we should be ok.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but I don't see that group putting fear in the hearts of DCs across the league... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How is Perriman not a question mark?
    Why would he be? 23yo player who had 500 yds in limited snaps last season. (As basically a rookie, and without ever having had an NFL training camp.) It's very, very reasonable to pencil him in with 700+ yds as a full-time #2. That's a decent (not great) figure for a #2 receiver.

Technically there are 32 "#1 receivers" in the league. We tend to only think of about 8 to 12 guys as being "legitimate #1s" (maybe more like 4 or 5), but there really are 32 different top receivers, one on each team. If you go down the list of receiving yards from last season, let's say the first 32 are the "#1 receivers". That's not precisely true, Travis Kelce and Greg Olsen are in this list; also Drew Brees has 2 of the top ten and also #35. But as a very rough approximation, let's say the first 32 are the "#1s". Only the top 25 got a thousand yards; the #32 total was Marvin Jones' 930 yds (with 4 TDs).

Let's say the next 16 receiving totals represent the "above average #2s". The 48th-highest receiving yardage total from this past season was Jordan Mattews' 804 yds (with 3 TDs). That's just 5 yds more than Steve Smith got last season (he placed at #50). The 48th-highest number of targets this past season was 100 (including TEs and RBs). At Perriman's yards-per-target stat from last season, that would give him 756 yards. That would have placed him at #53 on the yardage list: just behind Dez Bryant (who played 13 games) and Brandon Marshall, just ahead of Ted Ginn and DeVante Parker.

It's not really a "question mark" whether Perriman can produce at about the level of a #2 receiver: he's already shown he can do that. An average or slightly below-avg #2, but a real NFL #2. The question marks around Perriman are his health and his ceiling. He played all 16 games last season; that's a decent place to start for his health. We'll start to get an idea about his ceiling over the next couple seasons. If he improves at all with coaching and experience and a training camp, if he bumps that catch pctg up a little and sharpens his route-running some, he can certainly be a 900-yd guy, maybe even a thousand guy. I'm not ready to put him in the 1200 or 1300 yard club yet; that's rare air. But that's the "ceiling" question. The 900-yd potential is obvious.