Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 134th Overall Pick: Brent Urban

this probably means good bye mt. cody

I actually like Brent Urban a lot and this is a pretty good value pick. FWIW I actually like more than Timmy Jernigan in our defense. But passing up on WR and OL prospects with better grades hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I actually like Brent Urban a lot and this is a pretty good value pick. FWIW I actually like more than Timmy Jernigan in our defense. But passing up on WR and OL prospects with better grades hurts.
    Better grades according to whom??

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    spot on. I would be happier if he were taken in the second and Jernigan here.

hate for this pick is more about hate for the TERRIBLE Jernigan pick, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider101 View Post
    this probably means good bye mt. cody
    They won't play the same position; 0 tech vs 5 tech (plus all those odd fronts we tend to run).

But you might still be right, though, and no one on this board would lose sleep about it

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    spot on. I would be happier if he were taken in the second and Jernigan here.

hate for this pick is more about hate for the TERRIBLE Jernigan pick, IMO.
    Right. Because Jernigan would have still been available where we took Urban.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This defense is setting up a certain way and some of you have your panties on too tight to see it. What do Matt Elam, CJ Mosley and Arthur Brown all have in common? They are all speed demons that read and react like heat seeking missiles, who will work best when they are kept clean.

If you go into the season with a starting lineup of Tyson, Ngata and Williams, that sounds good, but where is the depth behind it? They won't be kept clean.
    This seems to be what they're plan is, have Lbs and DBs who'll be very difficult to outrun and to have a front seven constantly rotating with the ability to be more disruptive than simply run stopping.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    This seems to be what they're plan is, have Lbs and DBs who'll be very difficult to outrun and to have a front seven constantly rotating with the ability to be more disruptive than simply run stopping.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    That sounds just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Right. Because Jernigan would have still been available where we took Urban.
    I don't care... I don't want him at all.. he's a terrible scheme fit...

Blog Entries

QUESTION : Are the Ravens preparing to go to a 4 - 3 defense? Ngata, B. Williams, Canty, Tyson, Cody, K. Lewis-Moore, Jernigan, Urban, and McPhee (?) OR will a couple of these guys get released and pare the Dline roster down? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    QUESTION : Are the Ravens preparing to go to a 4 - 3 defense? Ngata, B. Williams, Canty, Tyson, Cody, K. Lewis-Moore, Jernigan, Urban, and McPhee (?) OR will a couple of these guys get released and pare the Dline roster down? ... Bc
    It appears they might be playing 11 Dlinemen next year, particularly after they take two more back to back... maybe 3

BTW, I think the 4-3 is a CLEAR step back schematically.

Everyone was raving about this as an offensive draft class, guess the Ravens decided there was better value on the other side.
    We will see. I like defense I like the picks.
    Way Down South in New Orleans