Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Arthur Brown - ILB - Kansas State

I like Brown and Chris Harper to replace Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    thats how i felt as well. I think this year will be another scenario where, since we need an ILB there seems to be a perception that theyre going to be all first rounders. I dont think any of them will be. well find out soon enough.
    I think Ogletree goes first, and it's a toss-up based upon who the team is that decides ILB is the highest ranking player left on the board which goes after that.

If I had to make a guess, Ogletree will go somewhere in the 18-24 range, and Brown will be in the last 6-8 picks of the 1st round (hopefully to Baltimore from my perspective)...Minter & Te'o both go somewhere in the first 15 picks of the 2nd round.

We'll see how it goes.

Blog Entries

The one issue that I have seen with Brown, that is somewhat understandable when you watch the footage, is that you don't quite know if he's an inside guy in a 3-4 or that outside guy in a 4-3.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The one issue that I have seen with Brown, that is somewhat understandable when you watch the footage, is that you don't quite know if he's an inside guy in a 3-4 or that outside guy in a 4-3.
    +1. To me he looks like a WOLB in a 4-3. Similar to Lavonte David.

Arthur had his pro day a couple days ago.

40-yard dash in 4.67 and 4.68 seconds.
    32 1/2-inch vertical jump
    4.31-second shuttle drill
    7.07-second three-cone drill
    21 reps of 225 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    +1. To me he looks like a WOLB in a 4-3. Similar to Lavonte David.

Arthur had his pro day a couple days ago.

40-yard dash in 4.67 and 4.68 seconds.
    32 1/2-inch vertical jump
    4.31-second shuttle drill
    7.07-second three-cone drill
    21 reps of 225 pounds.
    Arthur Brown is a phenomenal athlete, but there's more Jane than Tarzan in him. Just in terms of build and athletic ability Brown and Lavonte David are similar, but David was a much better prospect. He was far more physical and had more playmaking ability than Brown does. I like Brown, but to succeed at ILB in the NFL especially in a 3-4, you have to attack the football and make plays. Brown is much more of a "wait for the play to come to me" guy, which is what you do more of as a 4-3 WILL, and that's why he'll fit best in that position in the NFL.

Brown is my 5th rated ILB after Ogletree, Minter, Greene, and Te'o. I do still think he could play 3-4 ILB in the NFL but he'll have much more of a learning curve at that spot and will need to be protected from OL getting their hands on him.

Brown reminds me more of Navarro Bowman, who I think is the best linebacker in the NFL. So obviously I would love for us to draft him.

As far as no insider backers going in round 1, I think Ogletree will be a first rounder without a doubt. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the only one.

Blog Entries

It seems like every time I see a mock this guy is higher and higher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It seems like every time I see a mock this guy is higher and higher.
    yup - he doesn't make it past 20 in most mocks. Don't get your hopes up guys

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Arthur Brown is a phenomenal athlete, but there's more Jane than Tarzan in him.

I like Brown, but to succeed at ILB in the NFL especially in a 3-4, you have to attack the football and make plays. Brown is much more of a "wait for the play to come to me" guy
    Wow...that statement is just SO inaccurate, I don't even know how to address it.

Either you've never watched Arthur Brown play a single snap of football, or you were paying attention to the wrong player.

Mock drafts always overvalue players at non-premium positions like ILB, G and RB. Not saying he won't go before 32 because there's a very good chance he does, just sayin'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Mock drafts always overvalue players at non-premium positions like ILB, G and RB. Not saying he won't go before 32 because there's a very good chance he does, just sayin'.
    Other than Chance Warmack, I don't see any ILB, G, or RB in the first round of most mocks, other than Brown...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm not speaking of this years mocks specifically, but rather mock drafts in general every year